B7100 Front axle fill level

/ B7100 Front axle fill level #1  

AlanB

Elite Member
Tractor
NH 1925
I searched and could not find a specific answer, and I have the IT manual and it tells me the volume, but I would rather just check it.

I just bought my father a well used B7100 gear drive, 4wd tractor. I want to check the fluid levels in the front end (3pts) and I have pulled the fill plugs and nothing comes out nor is it visible. I would rather not have to drain and refill them all.

What level is "full"? Should I be able to see the gear oil through the fill plug hole? Is there a different level plug that I am missing or something?

Thanks for the help.

Alan Bechard

/ B7100 Front axle fill level #2  
Best to drain them and then refill. It doesn't take long and is very easy.

When I do mine I fill till they are full which is quite a bit more than called for.

Egon

/ B7100 Front axle fill level #3  
Hi
Front axle case oil = 0.7litre of oil
Left & Right axle gear case oil = 0.15litres in each

the above according to the operators manual,
hope this helps
Mat

/ B7100 Front axle fill level #4  
Alan,
I have also tried to find an answer to this question but have been unsuccessful. I induced a leak in the front seal of my B2150 going down the road wide open in 3H, I forgot to take it out of 4WD. I had not had a leak until then. I have to top off occasionally. The owners manual doesn't give any direction on this. I just add to the bottom of the neck.
Which brings up the question: If overfilled will it cause the seal to leak at a faster rate? I'll let you know if I find out anything.

/ B7100 Front axle fill level
Sorry I had not responded back here. It is my dad's so figured as mentioned above, just do it, do it right, change it out and be done. .15 L is nowhere near the bottom of the fill plug, I would think overfilling it like that could potentially cause problems as well.

Fresh 80/90 in all three area's and it got rid of the noise it was making.

Thanks folks.