Mounting Damage????

/ Mounting Damage???? #1  

Kubota-monkey

Silver Member
Tractor
L35 with bt900 backoe and box scraper + grader blade
I have had my backhoe off since last month and decided to put it back on today after many completed tasks with the grader blade. The Backhoe is always a pain to put on my L35 since everything has to be lined up perfectly. If you dont line it up correctly the backhoe could wind up in a contorted mess which makes it next to impossible to put back on.

Well thats what happened today... The backhoe was really in an awkward position. I think I might have been a little too rough in trying to push the backhoe up into the mounting brackets as my frustration reached redline. The boom was basically pushed all the way over to the left trying to center the two mounting brackets and as it was pushed over to the left I tried to back the tractor into the brackets. This caused the whole backhoe to be pushed with the tractor and the boom and dipperstick to be pushed sideways along the ground. Does anyone think this would cause structural damage to the backhoe?? I noticed when I finally got it on that when I closed the boom cylinder fully that the curling cyclinder or dipperstick would sort of jump back when it made contact with the boom cylinder then settle back into place. It hasnt happened before but it seems like no big deal I was just wondering if this moment of frustration would cause any damage to the tractor or backhoe? Thanks for your replies

The Ben from MA /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ Mounting Damage???? #2  
Ben,

I really doubt you have any structural damage from the way you have described the problem. Dosen't sound like it saw any more stress than it would see in normal operation. Maybe the jumping dipper is a little air in the lines.

Disclaimer attached/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Al

/ Mounting Damage???? #3  
If the hoe was off for awhile, it won't be unusual for something to leak down or be acutated w/o the pressure line hooked up, especially if things weren't going well. Structural telltales could be seen with a straight edge or look for crinkled paint. SteveV