OUT WITH THE L4330, IN WITH THE L5030

/ OUT WITH THE L4330, IN WITH THE L5030 #1  

Muleskinner

Gold Member
Tractor
2015 KUBOTA B2650ROPS
As some of you know I posted a concern with the lack of power when grading with my new L4330 right after taking delivery. At 27 hours I have decided to trade it back to the dealer for a new in the box L5030 they just got in. It looks like the dealer and I are very close to making the deal work for everyone involved.

Don't get me wrong, I like everything about the tractor except for the power to weight ratio. This machine would make a great LIGHT grading and farm tractor, but as a comercial contractor using it for construction grading, brush removal, weed abatement, grading house pads and general grading, it's weak.

My B7800 runs all day in "M" gear ratio with power to spare. It's one nice tractor! The L4330 has to be run in "L" range to do any grading and it still lacks the power to spin the tires before boging down to where you have to let up on the HST pedal.

Yes, with many many hours on my B7800 performing grading operations I know how to drive an "HST' unit. The L4330's power to weight ration is low. I hope the L5030 will work!! I want to stay with Kubota, but if the L5030 does not work I will be forced to go to a "Yellow" brand of some sort. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ OUT WITH THE L4330, IN WITH THE L5030 #2  
I traded a L4310 (same size and hp, just older than the L4330) in on my current L5030HSTC, and there is a noticable difference in power. That is in terms of pulling, PTO, and FEL. I believe the size of the tractor is the same, but it does feel quite different as far as power. In comparison to other tractors, the 5030HSTC isn't one of the lighter models. With loader and rear mower, it weighed (with me in it) about 6700 pounds or so at the Co-Op scales. That is a bit of weight to move around. Good luck!

/ OUT WITH THE L4330, IN WITH THE L5030 #3  
have you actually tried out the 5030 to see if it wiil do what you want?

/ OUT WITH THE L4330, IN WITH THE L5030 #4  
skinner...you may want to fill in your profile so people know what area you are from. Sounds like there will be a good deal available in your area for a L4330!

/ OUT WITH THE L4330, IN WITH THE L5030
SO CAL area.

No one has an L5030 around here to try. I checked out the specs. Around 200 pounds more and a four inch stroke. I believe it should be fine. (Famous last words) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I want to stay away from the domestic full size tractors, as they present a weight problem for me. In theory a bit smaller 4X4 tractor should be almost able to push as much dirt as a 4X2 full size tractor. In theory anyway.

This L4330 is definitly underpowered for it's weight. I should not have to use low range to do brush removal and weed cleanup! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ OUT WITH THE L4330, IN WITH THE L5030 #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( have you actually tried out the 5030 to see if it wiil do what you want? )</font>

I would second that question. I have a 4330 and a 72" BB that I use to grade a 1200' gravel driveway with a 300' elevation gain and have power to spare. I guess everyones experience is different, especially not seeing first hand what is being asked of the unit.

Hope the 5030 works out for you.

Kevin

/ OUT WITH THE L4330, IN WITH THE L5030
I work mostly in desert sandy soil. The rear box blade is a 72" Gannon weighing 1140 pounds. The FEL performance is fine. It just won't pull a full box of dirt. In low range I should be able to load it down to where the tires are spinning. It won't. That's the problem.

/ OUT WITH THE L4330, IN WITH THE L5030 #8  
I am suprised it is not working for you, but that is subjective since we all use our tractors differently. I have a BH-90 on my 4330, and it is heavy, but I still have power. One funny example is when my brother decided to help me. He parked his truck at the edge of the pasture. I told him to always look behind you when floating the FEL for levelling work. He didn't listen. As he was going backwards, he noticed a loss of power and the tractor was in M. The tractor became sluggish, and he decided to look behind him, when he noticed his truck was on two wheels and the BH-90 was implanted in his door. According to my brother, he could have easily flipped his 3K+ truck over. He now has a permanent reminder since the passenger door whistles when driving. It caused the top of the door to pop out... I did ask my brother for touch of paint for the Kubota since there was some paint missing on my BH-90 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

/ OUT WITH THE L4330, IN WITH THE L5030 #9  
I think given time you will get it figured out. The B7800 is even farther off on the power vs weight scale. I can't image your happy with that but unhappy with an L30.

Have you tried loading the tires and adding weight?

/ OUT WITH THE L4330, IN WITH THE L5030 #10  
Hello,
I have a question for you. Have you checked the fuel filter on the L4330? A waxed up fuel filter on a diesle is like a restricter plate on a gas moter. The won't get enough fuel for peak power, and may not smoke like a dirty air filter.Power on a diesle is regulated by the amount of fuel pushed into the engine.My B7800 had a bad filter when i bought it.I think it drew moister from siting at the dealers yard. Just a thought on the filter to power problem.