Grading Mower blade upgrade

/ Mower blade upgrade #1  

Hootie

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Kubota ZD 221, Kubota Grand L 5030 HSTC, Kubota RTV, Polaris 500ATP
I have gotten awfully picky with the yard and its appearance. BX22 x/60" MMM does a good job. However last year I bought a Bota ZG 23 and immediately could tell a difference in finish cut quality. But as always, trying to improve. I read about Gator Blades and did some research. Ordered some for the ZG and mowed yesterday and am totally impressed. These blades are awesome. The cut is superb and the discharge is cut by at least 50%. The design of these blades makes them similar to mulching but still discharging. I am also going to order some for the BX MMM. They say that in the fall, the gators do an awesome job on the leaves and pine straw. I highly recommend these blades. Their website is http://www.oregonchain.com/OEP/oep_blades.htm
My experience was while they may not show your specific Kubota mower model blade available, you just need to measure your blade, center hole diameter and work in reverse. The blades I ended up with were for a Dixon mower. But fit the specifications for a Bota ZG 23. These blades are heavy and will also decrease times to be sharpened and will probably be hard to sharpen.

/ Mower blade upgrade #2  
I went to the website and they show a few different models of the Gator blades. Which ones did you order? When you locate the correct number for the Kubota BX 60" MMM please post the part number for our future reference. I have a new set of Kubota blade that I have yet to install, but if the Gators are better, they will remain on the shelf forever.. thanks Junk...

/ Mower blade upgrade #3  
Looking at purchase of zg23. How long have you owned it and what are your thoughts. Will be used for light commercial work. I have a 6' finish mower for tractor but find myself using 48" craftsman and making better time due to trimming around trees. Looking at purchase price of 6400 before rebates. Any problems, would you buy one again?
Thanks,

/ Mower blade upgrade
I am delighted with the ZG23. Yes I would buy another one. But, like always happens, we always want more power, not that it needs it, but those ZD's are really cool. The price you mention is a darn good one.

/ Mower blade upgrade #5  
Hootie, I also would appreciate if you could post the part number for the BX blades. Thanks,
Will

/ Mower blade upgrade #6  
Got the ZG23 but there was some confusion on price. 6400 was zg20, got the 23 for 6925 minus 900 in Kubota rebates. Should have done it sooner.

/ Mower blade upgrade #7  
I could use that number for the Gator Mulcher HI Lift. oem blades won't lift the grass up from the BX tire tracks.

/ Mower blade upgrade
Now that's interesting, I look forward to hearing from folks about these.

/ Mower blade upgrade #10  
PERCOS2,

ARE you using the turf tires on your BX? In my situation, I am cutting at the 3.5 inch height and using the bar tires. I bought the turf tires separately and have used them some but noticed they seem to lay the grass over more so than the bar tires do. My soil is compact enough that unless it is pretty soggy, the bar tires don't tear up the surface.