3pt height adjustment

/ 3pt height adjustment #1  

kcarver141

Hi, I just got a new BX2230 w/FEL, 5' backblade. The backblade in the up position is only 6" above the ground. Any slight dip and it hits the ground. Is there a way to get it higher off the ground?
Kevin

/ 3pt height adjustment #2  
About the only thing you can do is shorten the top link.

If that's already shortened, you'll have to learn to live with it. The BX tractors are pretty small...just might be the nature of the beast.

/ 3pt height adjustment #3  
Seems to me you can also get special, short toplinks. I think they've discussed this in other threads. I could be mis-remembering that though.

Cliff

/ 3pt height adjustment #4  
Top links do come in different lengths.

/ 3pt height adjustment #5  
I can't speak for the BX but I can tell you how to do it on a B series. You've gotten good advice on shortening the top link, but there is another method. The hole in the yoke is down at the bottom and can be re-drilled about 2 inches higher and still be fully functional. Those two inches at the lift point translate to a lot more lift at the blade. Picture of mine attached.

Attachments

• 695112-side link yoke.JPG
    695112-side link yoke.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 255
   / 3pt height adjustment #6  
I can speak for the BX2200 and that works. The only draw back that I have found is that the arms will not go as low. This has not been an issue with my attachments.

Dave