BX23 500 hours!!!

/ BX23 500 hours!!! #1  

SCB

Platinum Member
Tractor
bx 23
Just had to write out a quick post to celebrate my BX's 500 hour milestone. I have had it for a year and three months and it has been an incredible machine. Very few problems and I have not been the easiest of owners. I have worked it hard. Great little machine. Attached is a pic of some seed we laid. Ground was completely forest when we started and the bx did it all except a handful of the big stumps. Still working on prepping more ground for seed. I recently took some pictures of my rake after I put the wheels on it. It does areal good job of seed prep. I will post some more on that in the attachment section.

Attachments

• 696521-captureD4.jpg
    696521-captureD4.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 677
   / BX23 500 hours!!!
Here is another pic.

Attachments

• 696525-captureD0.jpg
    696525-captureD0.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 533
   / BX23 500 hours!!!
And one more just for fun.

Attachments

• 696526-captureD1.jpg
    696526-captureD1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 492
   / BX23 500 hours!!! #4  
Congrats!!!! You have built a beautiful place! I think you have proven an addendum to the cliche', "right tool for the job" ... "the RIGHT tool for the job is THE ONE I HAPPEN TO HAVE AT THE TIME".
I've got about half the hours and half the months on mine but the same amazement and admiration for the little BX as you.
Cheers!

/ BX23 500 hours!!! #5  
Serious hours for the first year. I might be two or three years for that! ANy issues at all over the 500 hours youve had her.

/ BX23 500 hours!!!
<font color="red">ANy issues at all over the 500 hours youve had her.
</font>

I broke the three point turnbuckle and bent the lower arm. All my fault.

Curl cylinder exploded. Not my fault and dealer replaced under warrantee. ( not my purchase dealer by the way)

Tore a fuel line. All me.

filter strap broken. Still haven't went to the dealer for that one. Put a temp fix on it for now.

ten or fifteen flats. Plugged all but one. That one needed a new tire.

So, really, not many problems other than the ones that I caused. Just one more pic for the heck of it

Attachments

• 696541-captureD44.jpg
    696541-captureD44.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 381
   / BX23 500 hours!!! #7  
I thought I had a lot of hours - I have had my BX23 for just over 1 year and will have 300 hours by this weekend. All of my hours were doing excavation for a driveway and garage foundation with an occasional stump digout thrown in. Have had a few problems but it still gets the work done. I had seen your stump pictures a ways back and didn't even recognize the place without all the trees around it. That is some serious work. There should be a BX23 high mileage club - it would be interesting to see how many hours these tractors will get up to.

/ BX23 500 hours!!!
Jim,
How is the bucket working out. I had a deal in the works for it when you outbid me /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I had planned to use it for the 2' wide trench when I put in the leachfeild for the new house. I still might just have one made if it seems to work well.

/ BX23 500 hours!!! #9  
500 hrs! Now thats what I call seat time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've had mine alittle over 7 months and have a wopping 68 hrs on it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Looks like I've got alot of work to do /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm curious about that big bucket also, I'm thinking of going to a bigger bucket and 16" is the size I've been thinking about.

Volfandt

/ BX23 500 hours!!! #10  
Steve,
I took a look at the pics you have linked. Very impressive.

Phil