Kubota snowblower questions bx22 etc...

/ Kubota snowblower questions bx22 etc... #1  

ejc

Tractor
BX 22
Has anyone installed a front mount blower besides the Kubota brand blower? I would like to get a used blower and save some money. It seems impossible to find a used kubota blower. I realize people keep them a long time. I'm guessing they are fairly new for this size tractor.

/ Kubota snowblower questions bx22 etc... #2  
Welcome to TBN

If you want to save some money you should buy a rear snowblower. That way you can keep the loader on (more weight... more traction).

About used front snowblower... ouf! I think you'll have a hard time finding that. But good luck, you came at the right place to find that sort of equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota snowblower questions bx22 etc... #3  
Used front blowers do come on the market. I picked up a used one from my dealer and saved about $750 off a new one including the quick hitch, hydraulic hoses etc. The unit was used a few hours and looked brand new. I know Junkman got one off E-Bay last July for $1K. If you look on e-bay and call around to dealers you may find one used.

/ Kubota snowblower questions bx22 etc... #4  
Do you think that there are enough used snowblowers out there to start a "used snow blower support group"? Also with the snow blower came a rear blade, a 25 gallon tow behind sprayer, and a Hobart wire feed mig welder - 220 volt. Did I mention the free hat????? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota snowblower questions bx22 etc... #5  
On the other hand, if you anticipate getting a BH or have one already, then a front mounted blower works well. The hoe adds alot of weight and improves traction. I didn't even use tire chains last year...it was pretty clear the weight from the hoe was helping. Plus, the hoe can help you out if you get stuck (it will happen). If you put a blower on the rear, you might need to add some rear-facing lights to the ROP. Of course, that's not a bad idea anyway...

/ Kubota snowblower questions bx22 etc...
I actually have a backhoe. But now I am thinking of trying to go OEM for the front blower. FYI there is a Erskine 540fm blower on ebay right now for 20 to 30 horse machines. It's a front blower that runs off of the rear PTO. I ws considering it but have since changed my mind. The gut has it spelled wrong it is listed as an erskin. 750 bucks located in Minnesota.

/ Kubota snowblower questions bx22 etc... #7  
I would also shop around with a few deslers to find the best price.

My personal advice is to NOT get a rear mount snowblower unless you either don't have a lot to do, or you really like driving in the cold while twisted around looking over your shoulder. Front is the way to go.

As for the cost, after market may be cheaper (if you get one to fit) but the Kubota is built like a tank, easy to mount/dismount and integrates well with the hydraulic lever for lift.

paul

/ Kubota snowblower questions bx22 etc... #8  
Not trying to be "hard" on rear blowers, but with a 2200' driveway, no way. I find turning around, when all bundled up with winter gear on, even to back up a few feet, is not a comfortable position. I could not imagine doing it for a few hours.

I'm know that there is a lot of well made aftermarket equipment out there, but front snowblowers are rare, due to the many mounting interfaces between brands. In most cases you will do better with the OEM's unit for ease of use and operation.

paul

/ Kubota snowblower questions bx22 etc... #9  
I'm with you, makes my neck hurt just thinking about it. And my neck is already pretty red.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota snowblower questions bx22 etc... #10  
My driveway is only 200' so a rear snowblower is ok for me. I have to admit the fact that 2200' is a very long driveway... more like a private road and a front blower is not an option.

And here's one of my good shot. I bought a rear snowblower last year for my former BX23. I switched for a B3030 this Spring and my blower fit nicely on my new tractor. No need to change the blower with the tractor, I kept it. Ok, the blower is a 64" but I used it smoothly on the BX and it was more than fine.

Attachments

• 707138-BX23 SB64 pic4 copy.jpg
    707138-BX23 SB64 pic4 copy.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,196