BX Hydro Pedal - again

/ BX Hydro Pedal - again #1  

Anonymous Poster

I reviewed the previous posts on the BX hydro pedal sticking problem and I was wondering if any miracle cures have been found. My 2200 came with a zerk and greasing the bearing doesn't help. The dealer took it to 'adjust the return spring' but after 3-4 hours, it's sticking again. Any insight on how I can fix this w/o the dealer. Otherwise - my BX is brilliant!

Thanks

Roland

/ BX Hydro Pedal - again #2  
Yea, I've been having the same problem. I greased the zerk fitting but it does little good. Problem seems to come and go. I don't know if it has to do with temperature-- I'm going to pay closer attention.

/ BX Hydro Pedal - again #3  
I found that the bushings on the pedal fit so tightly on the shaft that it wouldn't take any grease. I carefully opend up those bushings with a spindle sander and it now takes grease very nicely and though I still have to grease it every 5 hours or so, the pedal moves just fine. If I were you, though, I'd just let the dealer deal with it if it's still in warranty...I just got tired of going back and forth with it...I don't think Kubota has a good fix for this..

How bout it Kubmech???? Any other ideas????

Scott

/ BX Hydro Pedal - again #4  
You might try taking the shock absorber off the foot control linkage. This is what I did and it solved my problem. This part can be found beside the tension spring adjustment nut under the floorboard on right side of tractor. I'm told this part is supposed to protect your HST system from sudden stops. My previous tractor with HST did not have the shock absorber on it. I guess that I might be taking a chance with the part off but it was the only way I could get the foot control to return to neutral. I just took off the end attached to the linkage and used a plastic tie to hold it out of the way.

/ BX Hydro Pedal - again #5  
Have you seen the return spring on these things? I've been tempted on many occasion to put a decent spring in one, but I have to believe the engineers are smarter than me, so I have'nt messed with it. My only concern for trying a heavier spring would be side load on the swash plate bearing, honestly have'nt had the time to play around with one(out the door as fast as they get built) Scott, I find the same problem with the bushings on all of them, I think they're way too tight, your fix sounds like a good one to me. As for the "shock absorber" the main function of the dampener is to prevent sudden wheel lock up, saftey factor as well as prevents tearing up your grass. Have'nt heard anything official about this problem from Kubota (probably does'nt exist yet) I'm not a big fan of jumping in and "modifying" brand new expensive equipment until I've had a chance to take a good look at the big picture and see how my change will effect everything else in the system (have seen some pretty ugly stuff happen when guys are "smarter than the guys who designed it"). If I do figure something reasonable out or hear of a good fix from kubota I'll let you know.

/ BX Hydro Pedal - again #6  
Thanks for keeping us up to date if you hear of anything from Kubota. I've studied this issue for quite a while, and since my dealer let me keep my first pedal that they replaced (the first one was from before they put zircs in them), ive played a bit. The only real solution I see that wouldn't affect anything else is to put some real bearings in place instead of the solid bushings..maybe some thin roller bearings, but the tube would probably have to be a bit larger in diameter to accomodate them. Pretty sure this would solve it though.

/ BX Hydro Pedal - again #7  
No miracle cures here. The only thing I have found is that the more grease I use, the worse it works! It's a definite problem. I've had some delicate dealing with the loader and want percise control and you just don't get it. Kubota needs to address this issue. Some of the posted fixes sound good but it bothers me that Kubota doesn't have a solution....