Pulling Posts

/ Pulling Posts #1  

mlp

Tractor
B2710
Does any body have a good way to remove T-posts
I tried to chain one to my 2710 bucket and lifted it out.
The rear of my tractor came up instead. I have since dug alittle around each post and waited for rain to soften them up a bit.
Going at it again Sat.

/ Pulling Posts #2  
Try using the 3PT hitch to pull them out. I have done this by chaining them to a draw bar on the 3pt. and just raising the 3pt. up. You have alot more power, and very little chance of pulling the front off the ground.

18-30445-von.gif

/ Pulling Posts #3  
Depends somewhat on whether you plan on saving for reuse but I was able to use the curl on my bucket with the chain hooked close to the ground. This pulled them but some were bent pretty bad. I was throwing them in the trash so was not being careful either.

bruce

/ Pulling Posts #4  
I usually chain them to the center of the bucket as low as possible and if they don't pull out easily, I gently rock them back and forth a little (very gently and carefully) with the forward/reverse hydro pedal while applying very slight upward pressure on the loader.

Bird

/ Pulling Posts #5  
There is a simple manual stand that will do the job for you. Has a flat bottom, bar to top and a handle that fits over the T bar and slides down to attach. Very simple not back breaking. I think I paid around $30 for mine.

/ Pulling Posts #6  
Yeah, but that's just for folks who don't have a tractor./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ Pulling Posts #7  
I agree with Von. Two person job if you want to get a bunch out quickly. One at the post hooking/re-hooking the chain to the post and hitch. The other on the tractor moving the tractor and cycling the 3pt up and down. I pulled between 30 and 40 from a tame blackberry patch with the help of my son. Worked like a charm.

Rich S.
18-42090-rps_sig1.gif

/ Pulling Posts
Thanks for the help everyone.
I attached my mower to the rear and out they came .
I really didn't want to spend any more money for the few post that I yanked. The posts came out as straight as they went in too.

/ Pulling Posts #9  
OK, excuse my ignorance but, what the h#$@ are T-posts? Maybe I've been living up here too long. Just curious.

Keep the greasy side down.
Mike