L3430 cab custom radio install

/ L3430 cab custom radio install #1  

mark2610d

Silver Member
Tractor
L3240HSTC
I just bought a L3430HSTC and did not opt for the radio or the cd player option because I thought it was to high.
Oh and by the way I LOVE THIS TRACTOR!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Any body installed a regular radio or cd player n the factory cab?

I figure you will have to remore the roof and I figured the wiring is probably there already.

Should I go with a marine type radio or will any car radio work good?

Any special connectors needed to hook to the factory wiring?

All comment appreciated.

Mark

/ L3430 cab custom radio install #2  
Mark…
You will have no problems installing a radio in your tractor. Yes you are right about the roof it comes of (easy) and the radio is a snap to get to… I have the factory AM/FM tape in my Kubota L4200 cab, I am about to switch it out for a AM/FM CD unit. It looks like it is going to be less trouble than changing radios in a car dash. KennyV.

/ L3430 cab custom radio install #3  
To remove the top just start removing the screws inside, every other one is a short one holding the liner in, just put them back if you get one. The long ones hold the top on the outside.

/ L3430 cab custom radio install
Thank for the help. I got the stuff to do the install. Looks like I will do it tomorrow. I went ahead and got a marine weather resistant style cd player with weather band off ebay for $77.00 brand new.

Thanks again for the replys,

Mark

/ L3430 cab custom radio install #5  
I have a 3430 HST and would like to install a mobile UHF radio (they look like the old car CB radios) in the radio slot so I can communicate with the house while I'm out-and-about. Has anyone done this before?