Offbrand pallet forks for LA723 loader

/ Offbrand pallet forks for LA723 loader #1  

zapelectric

I'm told by Carver Equipment that Kubota does not offer forks longer than 36" for the LA723 loader..

My load would be 34 inches by 48 inches. Would it be OK to use WR Long Mfg. Co with 42" or 48" long forks on a Kubota Q.Attach Pallet fork frame (on a L3130)

Guess I'm wondering if the different brand is truly compatible.
Thanks folks,
Cindy

/ Offbrand pallet forks for LA723 loader #2  
I don't have that large of a tractor, but I use 36" forks on standard size pallets without any problems on my tractors. At my warehouse we have multiple fork trucks, all of them use 42" forks for 40"wide by 48"deep pallets.

You should be fine using 36" forks with a 48" deep load if the weight is held close to the tractor. If the weigth is evenly spread across the pallet, then I'd consider going up to 42" forks but I would not consider it absolutely necessary. Remember, you can roll the forks back just 3-to-5 degrees and that will safely stabilize most loads on 36" forks. I would not get 48" forks. Shorter forks are easier to use so using the shortest fork that is safe is going to be the most efficient for work.

The LA723 uses a standard QA system, you should be able to buy most any brand of forks. WR Long, ATI, etc. I might suggest ATI simply because they advertise on TBN and support the website we all enjoy. If I recall, you are the person trying to load 900# generators? If so, any standard duty pallet fork should easily do the job with capacity left over for plenty of safety margin.

/ Offbrand pallet forks for LA723 loader #3  
Cindy

I use Markham Welding forks on my L3130/LA723. They fit the Kubota Quick Attach adapter perfectly. They have the longer forks. Check them out at www.markhamwelding.com .

Vernon

/ Offbrand pallet forks for LA723 loader #4  
Another vote for short forks, as long as the centre of mass on the pallet is less than 36" from the edge you want to pick it up from.

I got 42"ers and they are long, almost got 48". Makes for tough manouvering when trying to back straight out of a pallet in a tight spot.

/ Offbrand pallet forks for LA723 loader
Thank you guys. I really appreciate the information. I'm going to buy my tractor next week and I've really been impressed with how helpful and open with information folks are here at TBN. I don't think I could do this without you!
Cindy