Backhoe JR900 Backhoe problem

/ JR900 Backhoe problem #1  

ChrisR

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L35
Hi All

I have the Kubota JR900 backhoe fitted to my L35 and are having real problems with side shifting it for side-digging, it is in the middle at the moment and I've followed the manual instructions to the letter, but it still wont shift. Has anyone else had this problem ?

Regards

Chris

/ JR900 Backhoe problem #2  
Chris,

I have never seen the JR900, so this is a WAG. Is it perhaps pinned like the boom to keep it from shifting when not in use? What does it do when you attempt to move it, lug down or just no response?

Al

/ JR900 Backhoe problem
Hi Al

There's no pin, it's locked via a hydraulic switch, and I can hear this moving when I operate the switch so I think it's working ok. And what happens it that the whole tractor moves instead of the b/h sliding on it's cradle.

Chris

/ JR900 Backhoe problem #4  
Chris,

The tail wags the dog/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. If this happens in both directions I would suspect the hydraulic lock. Sorry I was of no help and I'm out of ideas. Hope it something simple . Good Luck.
Al

/ JR900 Backhoe problem #5  
Are you saying it won't swing left or right? Is this a new-to-you hoe? Not trying to be condescending, but is the transport swing pin installed? Long pin with a handle to the right of the boom keeps it from swinging when you are trailering it or moving on rough ground. There's another one that keeps hoe from dropping. Swing pin pulls straight up.

del

/ JR900 Backhoe problem #6  
del,

I think Chris has a "side shifter" the boom is attached to a side-shift mechanism, a bracket that can move the entire backhoe boom horizontally on a cradle. I have never seen a JR900 so this is a guess from his description and his location.

Al

/ JR900 Backhoe problem #7  
I was thinking his term "side shifting" was meaning swinging the boom L and R. I've seen side shifts on excavators but never on a small hoe like this (I have an L35 too) Possible I guess, in Europe my NH (er Ford, er ARPS) could be ordered that way but it was only an offset hoe, not one that would actually move sideways on command. I've dug next to a lot of foundations, around trees etc and have not yet been stuck an unable to dig with a traditional hoe. Those pivoting dipper sticks on the small excavators seem like they'd really be the trick.

del

/ JR900 Backhoe problem
Hi Del

Al was spot on in his description, I've attached a quick scan of the backhoe, this model (JR900) is standard equipment in Australia, it gives a much wider digging arc and is compact to transport. The thing is, I have kept mine central for quite a long time, and it just wont move now, I was hoping maybe someone out there had the same model and knew of some trick/? to free it, but prehaps I'm the only one on TBN with this backhoe, I hope not.

Chris

Attachments

• 2-66063-Jr900.jpg
    2-66063-Jr900.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 199