Noise - B7500 rear wheel

/ Noise - B7500 rear wheel #1  

dillo99

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500
My B7500 HST has about 110 hours on it. There is a scraping/squeaking noise that occurs with each rotation of the left rear wheel. I have checked the hydrolic/rear transmission fluid and it is fine. Also checked the lugs to make sure there was no loose wheel lug.

Any ideas what this might be or what else I should check?

Thanks in advance!!!

/ Noise - B7500 rear wheel #2  
On the B7500 I used to own there was a through bolt with a wedge on the inside of the wheel. If that bolt loosen it would make a snapping sound or a sound similar to what you are describing. I found that it was best to remove the wheel to get to it. I had also read that it was best to remove any paint inside the casing where the wedges go and from the wedges themselves. It would still loosen but not as often.
Be sure to check your manual to get the correct torque for the bolt.
Hope this helps

Al

/ Noise - B7500 rear wheel #3  
The same thing would happen on the B7500 I had, I would just tighten it periodically.

/ Noise - B7500 rear wheel
Thanks Al. There is a bolt on the inside of the wheel. I reached in there and it does not seem loose at all. I guess I will try to take the tire off next to get a closer look. The sound is very odd and I noticed today that it does not occur in reverse - just when I go forward. It is not that loud but it just sounds like something is rubbing on each revolution of the wheel. I don't use the brakes very often so I tried pressing the brake while moving to see if that changed the sound at all. Hard to tell...maybe. The left brake does not seem overly tight but I also thought about trying to loosen the linkage on it just to see if that made a difference.

/ Noise - B7500 rear wheel #5  
I agree with Al... that is, that the nut on the large bolt associated with the axle wedge is likely "loose"... not that it will be loose to point that one could turn the nut, but that it must simply be re-torqued to specs (or a bit beyond). I have had the same "creaking" noise phenomenon with my B7200 two or three times since I purchased it in 1985. Each time the retightening immediately eliminated the weird noise. Good luck!

That was it guys. Popped the tire off and tightened it up. Quiet as can be now. The right one was a little loose too - was able to reach in there and tighten that one up without pulling the tire off.

Thanks so much for the help. Great Forum!

/ Noise - B7500 rear wheel #7  
I used a long extension with a swivel impact socket to reach it easy and I didn't have to remove the wheel...anything to keep from removing the wheel.

Removing the wheel was easy. Lifting it back up into place was NOT.

/ Noise - B7500 rear wheel #9  
Whoops, forgot to mention that. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif And more so if the tires are loaded. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif But, on the bright side, you now know the wheels are tight and they are not part of the problem. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Al