kubota B2410

/ kubota B2410 #1  

roller

Bronze Member
Tractor
kIOTI CK30
Hi i'm almost certain i will buy a kubota B2410 hydrostatic ,in your opinions will this machine be a good choice for loader work ,bush-hogging,flail mowing,spraying etc ?? most of my work will be on paddocks of less than 6 acres.Thanks for any replies.Oh and loader work will consist of loading a small dump truck 3 or 4 times a week.

/ kubota B2410 #2  
I have a B2710 so it's a little larger but not much. You will probably not want to run a bush hog larger than 48", possibly 60" depending on what you're doing. It will do anything you're talking about, it just depends on how fast you need to do it. When you say a dump truck, the lift on a 2410 is not that high. If you mean a small landscaping sized dump that would work, but it's not going to reach over the side of a full size dump truck.

/ kubota B2410 #3  
That model is discontinued you will have a hard time finding it! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ kubota B2410 #4  
A fine tractor, my brother in law has one. I have a B2710 and the biggest difference we have noted is the height that the FEL will reach. He borrowed mine and was putting dirt behind a retaining wall from below. When he got his tractor he found that he couldn't reach it.

The dump truck will have to be pretty low on the sides to reach with the B2410. I know the last time I loaded a trash trailer with 4 foot sides I had to drive up on ramps to be able to curl the bucket for dumping. And thats with my B2710.

The difference is only a few inches but might matter.

I might add that he is very happy with his tractor and has put lots of hours on it - I think he has caught up with me. He is retired though.

/ kubota B2410
humm well in that case i might not be loading a dump truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Bob i'm in the UK, i spoke to my local KB dealer on friday he never mentioned that the B2410 was out of production /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ kubota B2410
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a B2710 so it's a little larger but not much. You will probably not want to run a bush hog larger than 48", possibly 60" depending on what you're doing. It will do anything you're talking about, it just depends on how fast you need to do it.)</font>

Would you or any of the guys here know how long it would take me to cut 1 acre with a B2410 and bush-hog 48'' wide,the weeds/ grass would be about knee high in parts ie 30 % of the paddock.I'm only looking for an average time ,thanks.

/ kubota B2410 #7  
Roller, when I had a B7100 and a 48" brush hog, I did about an acre an hour, but part of the reason I wasn't faster was the rough ride on rough ground. When I had the B2710 and a 60" brush hog, I did about 1.5 acres per hour. I did always use, perhaps a bit more overlap than some people do because I did not want any little unmowed strips I frequently saw in pasture.

/ kubota B2410 #8  
roller, one thing, both my B2710 and my BIL's 2410 have R4 tires which are very low profile in the front. Ag tires might make the tractor taller.

/ kubota B2410 #9  
As someone else pointed out, the B2410 is out of production. The closest thing might be a B7610. Both are 24 HP and may even have the same engine. If you want position control and a few more amenities, I would look at a 2630. It replaced the B2710. The 3030 replaced the B2910. Of course you could also go with a B7800. I would get as big a tractor as your budget will allow. I have a B7510 which is plenty for 1.5 acres here in Arizona. Not much grass to cut here but plenty of FEL and BB work /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Good luck with whatever you select.

/ kubota B2410
To behonest guys i had thought about buying a cheap Chinese tractor,i was tempted by the price , now back to the real world lol if the 2410 is out of production then i will most likely go 2710,i have Kubota engines in my wood chippers they are so reliable..the price for a 2710 overhere in the UK is around the £12,000 mark,what kind of price would this model be in the States..thanks for your replies guys.