Replacing Fan Belt on a BX2200

/ Replacing Fan Belt on a BX2200 #1  

tomnky

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Have any taken a good look at what is involved to replace the fan belt on a BX2200 OR BX2230?

Due to the way the engine is mounted in the machine it looks to me like a Major undertaking.

I haven't looked under it but, from what I see the lower sheave has the input shaft attached.

Do My eyes see what I think I see? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I noticed this while replacing the thermostat during a coolant change , Actually , I bought a new belt as well just for good measure but think I am going to delay replacing it until it absolutely has to have one.

Just for information You will also need Three Bond 1215 for the thermostat cover plate and the water pump if You ever replace those.

/ Replacing Fan Belt on a BX2200 #2  
Looks like it'll be a PITA! Hopefully it'll be a long while before I need to change mine cause I ain't changeing till it's gone.

I notice when everyone changes over to the alternator that theres no mention of having to go to a bigger belt so I'm gonna assume it's reused...

Volfandt

/ Replacing Fan Belt on a BX2200
Correctomundo about the PITA.........The propeller shaft has to come out.

That means floor , seat , travel pedal & brake pedal.

Oh well, They are sub-compacts! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Replacing Fan Belt on a BX2200 #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I notice when everyone changes over to the alternator that theres no mention of having to go to a bigger belt so I'm gonna assume it's reused... )</font>

Correct!

/ Replacing Fan Belt on a BX2200 #5  
Have any taken a good look at what is involved to replace the fan belt on a BX2200 OR BX2230?

Due to the way the engine is mounted in the machine it looks to me like a Major undertaking.

I haven't looked under it but, from what I see the lower sheave has the input shaft attached.

Do My eyes see what I think I see? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I noticed this while replacing the thermostat during a coolant change , Actually , I bought a new belt as well just for good measure but think I am going to delay replacing it until it absolutely has to have one.

Just for information You will also need Three Bond 1215 for the thermostat cover plate and the water pump if You ever replace those.

To change the belt -put tractor on ramps-remove hood and sides-remove overflow radiator bottle, 3 screws-loosen the adjustable pulley-remove the three coupler screws 12mm from the bottom(to do this turn the adjustable pulley until one screw is accessible underneath, then use an impact wrench with small extension to remove. Do this for each of the 3 screws.-Once this is done remove the belt from the adjustable pulley-then go underneath and move the coupler around to work the belt out-finish by working the belt out around the fan. Reverse the order to install. Did the whole job in about 45 minutes.