AWESOME

/ AWESOME #1  

hunterridgefarm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277
Drove by my Kubota dealer Friday to get oil and filters for my 100 hr service on 3130 and buy Kubota license plate for my F250.
I walked around the lot adding to my wish list and looked at the #1 which is M6800 cab. Trying to decide between L5030, M4900, or M6800 though still a year or two away.
The salesman let me drive the M6800...awesome; /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifI drove it for 30 minutes, high range, low range, air on, air off, door open, door closed. Backed up to implements just to get a feel for rear view...awesome /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Drove home with a smile on my face and a tear in my eye. My wife took one look at me when I walked through the door and said "you have been to the tractor place to get your tractor fix" and my son just laughed. I quickly went out and mowed two acres with my 3130.

Just wanted to share my excitement... by the way did I say the M6800 cab was awesome /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ AWESOME #2  
Oh how I feel your pain, especially when I have to spend money to fix something that just broke or wore out on my B9200. The fact that it will be a long while before we can take that new tractor plunge makes it that much more painful. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ AWESOME #3  
We love our M6800... but it only has a canopy, no cab. I really wish we could have afforded the cab. I would probably out in the tractor right now instead of at the desk!

/ AWESOME
tjkadar,
Truth be told I willl most likely end up with M4900 or M6800 ROPs and sunshade. I will need an FEL and that is close to the price of a cab.

Of course if you guys in SC would let me win the lottery I could get the cab /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I get close to Sumter when traviling to Charleston to see a customer. Do you board horses?

/ AWESOME #5  
You could be my long lost brother.

Every time I walk into my dealer he asks me what one I want to look at today. Lately though, it's been a case of, "Frank, with the price of diesel, we're going to have to cut down your joy riding around the yard". You can tell that we've known each other a long time.

We got a M5700 with a FEL and canopy for the farm last year. I like it a lot. It's a good machine. I couldn't convince the rest of the family to get what I wanted though. I was desperate to get an M9000 with cab and 15' Rhino. I even offered to pay the difference in cost. I still can't honestly understand their reluctance ... "it's too big, more stuff to go wrong with a cab, who needs a 15' mower anyway?, etc., etc,". Really strange since I'm the one who, up until this year, usually does the majority of the work. I think it was a missed opportunity to upgrade to something we could have comfortably used for the next 20 years. Family, what can you do with them???? Having said that, I'm not giving the M5700 back. It's still a keeper.