Hydraulic coupling

/ Hydraulic coupling #1  

BeauGeste

For the first time since this winter, I dropped the BH on my B7800 and put on my pull-behind power-lift wagon. (We use it for wood hauling.) It hooks up to a separate block above the right rear fender, so the couplings are not in use otherwise. One of the two coupling hooked up fine. The other just would not slide down far enough to fully engage. I'm new to all of this, so I compared the working coupling with the other, tried swapping where they went, etc. It was soon obvious that there was enough pressure in the one line to make pushing in circular plate that seals the line (when uncoupled) almost impossible. I pushed plenty hard, but feared breaking something. I did eventually take a solid rod that would fit into the coupling, please it against the plate, and give it a sharp blow with my 2# hammer. After a couple of blows, one blow did move the plate and I got hydraulic fluid sprayed all over -- not much, but well sprayed. After that it was easy to connect everything up.

So my question is whether this is known, common, and/or has an obvious "trick" for getting fixed. I'd like to treat my couplings with care and make them last a long, long time. I am using snap on covers on all lines/couplers so they are kept clean.

/ Hydraulic coupling #2  
It is a common problem to have pressure build up in hydraulic lines that will not allow the QD to fully engage.
TBNer pineridge suggested using a copper fitting to relieve the pressure behind a QD. Click Here Scroll down about 3/4 of the page.
Here is a thread on pressure build up behind QD's. Click Here