Where's the tach

/ Where's the tach #1  

bikemiser

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1830
Where\'s the tach

Does anyone know if some kind of a tachometer is available for the BX tractor?

/ Where's the tach #2  
Re: Where\'s the tach

I've heard some use the tiny-tach. I don't have one but I did research it and it works off the injector pulses. Neat idea. Not too expensive either. Various models available with differing functions. Easy to install. There may also be other makes available. Google it.

All the best,
Martin

/ Where's the tach #3  

I do have one and it works great!! You will find plenty of info on them if you do a search in the Kubota forums but most discussions are at least 6 month+ back.

/ Where's the tach #6  

The tiny tach is easy to install but there are issues with it. The main problem is that the internal battery is not replaceable so you have to replace the tach every 5 years ($65). Mine has not been very reliable. I started to lose display segments around two years (about 150 hrs of operation). It still works but it is hard to read.

/ Where's the tach #7  

You MUST have a tach to know that your aren't overtaxing the motor! Geeze. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok, you don't need one; but they are NEAT, and not that expensive. Easy to hook up. And as far as I can tell, pretty accurate. My 2200 idles and max rpm (per the book) very near where the tach says.

Mine is a tiny tach.

Have fun (with your tach!)
Ron

/ Where's the tach #9  

Once you find your optimal mowing or tilling speed, you can use your tach to repeat that speed every time. Duh! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Where's the tach #10  

I do see your point.
Some like psi oil pressure gauges instead of the idiot light type.
I suppose if the engine is running it's pretty obvious it is, so there is no idiot light to indicate rpm's are present.
That said, your question does beg another...
What are tach's used for on larger equipment?

All the best,
Martin