European market BX tractors....

/ European market BX tractors.... #1  

Volfandt

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota BX23, 1966 WheelHorse 856
After checking out Junkmans thread "Is there such a thing as" and studying the pics of european market Kubota's, I'm determined to try and get me one of those deep-dish steering wheels that come on the BX2200/BX2200D tractors.
BX2200_lg.jpg

Now it ain't because of it's styling, no sir, it's because I believe those extended steering wheel brackets will push the steering wheel back enough to where the comfort level of operating my BX23 will increase at a minimum of 2-fold!

After compareing the seating arrangment and comfort level differences between the lower seating position of the BX2230 as compared to the higher seating position of the BX23, I had figured that an extended steering column or some sort of tilt steering wheel would be an excellent upgrade for the BX23 series, that is until I saw hose Euro steering wheels. Talk about your quick fix!
So, seeing this, I followed the link to Lister Wilder Lister Wilder Attachments and emailed them in hopes of purchaseing said BX steering wheel. The good news was that they promply responded to my inquirery but unfortunately, they will not sell me one due to recommendations from Kubota England.

Altho slightly detered, my quest is not spent.
Anyone that may know of a British Kubota dealer/distributor that may be interested in dealing or sheading some light on this let me know, I am very interested in that danged ole steering wheel /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Volfandt

/ European market BX tractors.... #2  
I suggest that you contact Mith.... aka.... Jim, since he lives in the UK. That is the good news..... the bad news is that the local Kubota dealership just gave up Kubota.... Here is his profile.. If you know the magic handshake, I am certain that he will answer your Private Message.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ European market BX tractors.... #3  
Do you know part # of steering wheel you want? Maybe i can guide you.
regards

/ European market BX tractors.... #4  
That same wheel is probably used on some of the US garden tractors. I'd take a look at those.

/ European market BX tractors.... #5  
If ya need to, give us a shout /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
No worries