FINALLY RECIEVED BX2200

/ FINALLY RECIEVED BX2200 #1  

duster

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200 LOADER,60
I FINALLY RECIEVED MY BX2200 I HAVE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO PUT ON 2 HOURS SO FAR ,BUT I CAN TELL THIS IS A REALLY NICE MACHINE AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO MEET ANY HOME OWNERS NEEDS.IT SURE IS NICE TO CUT A ACRE AND A HALF WITH 60" BELLY MOWER RATHER THAN MY 21" TORO. DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF A TRICK TO HELP KEEP THE MOWER DECK FREE OF GRASS BUILD UP.I WAS ONLY MOWING FOR A 1/2 HOUR BUT I SPENT 1 HOUR CLEANING MY TRACTOR AND MOWING DECK. MAYBE I AM A LITTLE TO PICKY WITH MY NEW TOY BUT I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP IT NICE.

/ FINALLY RECIEVED BX2200 #2  
Duster,I can't give you a brand name,or even the company that makes it,but there is a product that you can spray on the under side of the deck.It shoots on like paint and dries to a very hard,slick finish,stuff has a lot of silicone in it.Grass won't stick to it,and what little does is very easy to clean up.Works the very best when applied to a new deck.Maybe someone around here knows what's it's called,our former Kubota dealer used this stuff a lot on new units,but he's out of business and out of town,so I can't ask him.Now that you've gotten that new Kubota,would you still rather have a Deere parked in your garage?I was at our new Kubota dearships open house yesterday,he said Kubota had shipped a dozen BX's that were supposed to have been his to the wrong dealer,the receiving dealer sold them all in less than a week.Our dealer had to go around begging to other dealers to borrow a BX,just so he could have one on display for his grand opening.Needless to say,he wasn't a real happy camper when I talked to him around 1:00,said he could have sold at least 5 BX's that morning,if he had them in stock.

/ FINALLY RECIEVED BX2200 #3  
the product is called slip plate. You should be able to find it on the web. It works well.
r/JDK

/ FINALLY RECIEVED BX2200 #4  
First time I mowed with my own BX, didn't clean any of the grass off. After a few days, it peeled itself off (gravity). Happened the next few times too, but to a lesser degree. So, I figure that the factory is coating them with an oil or spray before shipping, possible to protect the metal, that doesn't last long. Point is, if there is an oil initially on it, you may want to wait a while before spraying. Don't know if a treatment would adhere to whatever they put on.

/ FINALLY RECIEVED BX2200 #5  
I can tell you something that works very well, but don't know what the environmentalists would think about it, and that is to mix 1 quart of motor oil with 3 quarts of diesel in a sprayer that puts out a very fine mist and spray a thin coating on the underside of the deck before each mowing. Damp grass may still stick to it to some degree but can be quickly and easily blown off with either compressed air or a water hose. And by a thin coating, I'm talking about the fact that the gallon I mixed up is now on its third year. I spray it on thin enough that I only use about a quart a year.

Bird

/ FINALLY RECIEVED BX2200 #6  
I use a product called Mower-ez and it seems to work great.
I have a local landscaper supply store nearby but they are also a mail order house. They are on the web at http://www.landscapersupply.com or their toll free number is 800-895-4589. After about 5 or 6 mowings I usually remove the deck and power wash it out then re-spray.
Good luck with the new machine and remember *SAFETY FIRST*
Dale