FEL level indicator

/ FEL level indicator #1  

firewalker

Tractor
Kubota L3400
I recently purchased an L3400 with a FEL. I was wondering if there is a "bucket level" attachment available. I have seen them on other makes. They are usually a metal rod that slides up and down as the bucket is raised and lowered to indicate where the bucket height is. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate any help. Thanks!!

/ FEL level indicator #4  
If you look at the picture at Bucket Level Indidator Rod you will see a small metal "L" that is welded upside down on the top of the bucket on the right side. When the top of that piece is level the bucket is level.

If the 3400 doesn't have that piece go and look at a B7510 or other model and yu can see what it looks like.

I had one of the rod type on my B7510 but it will hang up on branches if you are working in brush a lot. I like the L piece better and I can see it OK from the seat.

Bill Tolle

/ FEL level indicator
Thanks for the reply. I have one (angle guage) on my 3400 but I am not finding it easy to judge "level" with. I really like the one shown in the photo. Thanks again for the comment!

/ FEL level indicator #6  
My L2800 has the "L" bracket on the bucket and the L3400 uses the same FEL.

/ FEL level indicator
Thanks for the information and the pics!! Your indicator looks very profeesional, maybe you should consider marketing them to all the other owners that are not satisfied with the one provided by kubota. ( I love my tractor so far though) Thanks again, Mike

/ FEL level indicator
Rich, thanks for the reply!! I'm more intrigued by this web sites grapple hook. Thanks again, Mike

/ FEL level indicator #9  
The American Solutions level indicator is designed to be easy for the average tractor owner to install it with the minimum of tools. I have been using my American Solutions level indicator and grapple for over a year and a half now, and it works great. I have never had any problems with the placement of the level indicator being on the outside edge of the bucket. I will also say that the grapple has helped me immensely in the past and now that we are headed into leaf falling season, I know that it will be working hard doing yard clean up. I also use it to pick up logs and hold them waist high so it makes cutting with the chain saw easier than bending down.

/ FEL level indicator #10  
Thanks firewalker. Several people have told me that I should market these. I hadn't really thought that was necessary. In the year that I've been on TBN I've noticed that most tractor owners are pretty "handy". My FEL Level Indicator design is pretty simple, economical, and can be built with basic home-workshop tools. I used a hacksaw, bench grinder, and file to fabricate the brackets; a drill press to drill holes in the brackets; a handheld drill to drill holes in the tractor bucket and cross arm; and a 1/4-20 tap to tap the cross arm holes. I paid about $12 at retail hardware-store prices for a 6' length of aluminum rod and $3 for the nuts and bolts. I could probably manufacture these in bulk, throw in the 1/4-20 tap and #7 drill bit, and still make a profit selling them for less than the $56 price of the "competition" /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Junkman: no offense intended. I know you were involved in the design and/or testing of the American Solutions level indicator. All level indicators work equally well (except for the standard Kubota BX level indicator) /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, including yours. After spending $12,000 to $16,000 for a BX series tractor, I wanted something more permanent and professional-looking than a clamp-on FEL level indicator.

BX2230Dude riding off into the sunset, wearing a black hat, while Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive" plays in the background..... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif