Where can I find the part number?

/ Where can I find the part number? #1  

BandDcabinet

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, B3030, B7100
Thanks to TBN I now have the part number for the replacement cylinders for a BH75. I can't find any numbers on the cylinders and wonder if anyone knows where they are? Perhaps they are on the back-side that can't be seen?

Can you tell from the Serial number on the hoe if it has the new cylinders?

I measured them at 1.200 inches which is neither 29 or 32mm.

Thanks for any information you can share /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Where can I find the part number? #2  
My BL4690 has a parts list in the owners manual.
I have not found many part numbers on <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> parts. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Where can I find the part number?
Thanks Ron. I appreciate your response.

I don't recall seeing the cylinder part numbers in the BH75 operator's manual. I'll take another look tonight.

The whole issue is confusing. It seems like it should be straight forward.

The new part number was posted on this site. It was reported as 32mm. Someone else posted their replacement was 1.5 inches. I believe the original was posted as being 29mm. The cylinders on my machine do not match any of these diameters.

I would think Kubota could simply provide the serial number of the hoe after which the larger cylinder was installed at the factory. I guess you have to break it to find out. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

D

/ Where can I find the part number? #4  
It's confusing. I just measured my rods on my BH75 and both dipper and bucket are 29.97mm.

/ Where can I find the part number? #5  
They just issued the change in the cylinders on the 10th of this month. So your unit will have the old cylinder on it. The cylinder that is in question is the cylinder that swings your dipper back in forth. You have a the following cylinders on your backhoe. Swing cylinders swings the backhoe left and right. The boom cylinder which will move the part of the backhoe directly behind the tractor. The dipper is the next piece that connects to the boom. The dipper cylinder is on top of the boom. The dipper is the arm between the bucket and the boom. The bucket cylinder moves the bucket back and forth and is mounted on the dipper. Hopefully this answers your question and I did not completly misunderstand your question from the get go! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Where can I find the part number? #6  
Will Kubota authorize the replacement of a cylinder if it hasn't failed? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Where can I find the part number?
I appreciate the nomenclature information. The confusion on my part is why is there apparently so many different dipper cylinder sizes? I have to assume a number of us can measure accurately and look at the range of sizes that are being reported. I know I measured the dipper cylinder. I've been operating backhoes since 1972.

Your willingness to keep owners informed is a service to Kubota. I have been in customer related businesses for nearly 40 years. If you do quality work, make a quality product, service what you sell and treat your customers fairly you (the service provider) will never need to worry about what the customer knows.

Thanks again for your help. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DandB