bx 1800 won't shut off: HELP!

/ bx 1800 won't shut off: HELP! #1  

zumrutter

Tractor
bx 1800
bx 1800 won\'t shut off: HELP!

I have a bx 1800 with about 450 hrs on. I love this machine. It does everything for me. However, recently i was using the machine hard, digging dirt, using the fl and scraping with the rb. I noticed that my temp gauge was getting high, so i stopped with the intent of checking the rad. for grass. When i went to shut off the engine, it wouldn't shut off. Turned key off but the engine kept running. Checked the fuses and found the 20 amp on top was blown. Replaced this and it shut off. One week later, i was doing the same thing, this time, i had cleaned the rad. out, and the temp was running normal. Hard use, went to shut off, and it happened again. Anyone out there know what is going on? Thanks. BOB /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ bx 1800 won't shut off: HELP! #2  
Re: bx 1800 won\'t shut off: HELP!

Fuel shut off solonoid???

/ bx 1800 won't shut off: HELP! #3  

Bob,

That fuse that blew is probably the one that controls the fuel shut-off soloniod wushaw mentioned.
Not sure about your BX, but it may control some other things as well. Take a look at the fuse box cover or owners manual to see if it may give you some ideas of what else could have caused it. On a different Kubota, it also controls something like a 12V socket or some lights or ??? (I don't recall which). The person connected an aftermarket light and it was just a little too much. The fuse blew and then it wouldn't shut off.

Brian

/ bx 1800 won't shut off: HELP!

Thanks for the replies. But i don't see where a fuel solonoid would be the problem. It shuts off fine after the fuse is replaced, unless the solonoid is causing the fuse to blow. One thing i didn't mention is that i have two 55w lights hooked up to the hot wire under the seat. I have read in other forums that the draw from these lights should be negligable, somthing like 4 amps per light. Therefore, i can't see them as the cause for the fuse to blow. Maybe some one else out there can provide some more info.

/ bx 1800 won't shut off: HELP! #5  

The shutdown sol. is activated by sending power to it (rather high load device)for till the engine stops, and up to what seems like 5+ seconds after. That burst/spike could easily pop an already overloaded circuit.

It shuts off with the fuse replaced, because it has power from the circuit. Blown fuse = no power to solenoid. Try turning the lights on, and getting off the seat in gear... Betcha it pops it again! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ bx 1800 won't shut off: HELP! #6  

1st rule in trouble shooting, undo what you last did before the problem occured.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you've got a meter, read the voltage at the underseat connector, the pull the 20amp fuse and see if it's on the 20 amp fused circuit.
If so, look for skinned wireing leading up to your new lights. One of your new lights could also be shorting to ground.

That connector under the seat is "hot" everytime the key switch is on which means your lights are on everytime you run your engine. If this is so then you may want to wire in an on/off switch for the lights.

If not, check the fuel cutoff solenoid and associated wireing which is located on the front of the fuel injector pump which is on the left side of you're engine. Make sure the electrical connector to it is tight and that the wire leading back towrds the dash doesn't have any skinned places or is pinched. A loose connection can cause arcing that inturn can pop a fuse. If the solenoid has a separate ground wire make sure that it's tight also.

Good luck
Volfandt

/ bx 1800 won't shut off: HELP! #7  

On my BX1800 the wires under the seat are on their own fuse so I doubt that is your problem or has anything to do with it. I suspect from your description that either the wiring to the fuel shutoff solenoid or the fuel shutoff solenoid itself is getting hot from working the tractor and shorting out thus blowing the fuse.

I would look over the wiring good and if I didn't find anything start looking at the Fuel Solenoid Valve itself.

/ bx 1800 won't shut off: HELP!

Thanks for all the info, guys. Before i got my tractor 1 1/2 yrs ago, i used this forum exclusively to decide and gain info on which to get. Now, i appreciate the value of solving this problem. I'll post the answer as soon as i get-er-fixed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ bx 1800 won't shut off: HELP! #9  

I had the same problem with my former BX23. I had only one 55w halogen light and I replaced fuse after fuse... My solution... I changed the tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif My dealer wasn't able to find the problem.