Looking for info

/ Looking for info #1  

blackandblue

I purchased 8 acres in lower Ohio knewing, I needed a tractor to maintain it. I found and purchased an early 80's Kubota B5100 with a Kubota MMM and only 902 hours on it. Everything on the tractror works fine. The MMM seems to have an issue though, only one blade is turning. I didn't notice during my test drive. Where can I find any information on this tractor and mower deck? I have only seen one picture on the internet and a brief discussion here about it being small with a big heart.

I'll be pulling the deck off tonight to find the culprit but I would love any information ahead of time. I can't even find the HP rating on this tractor.

Please anyone with some data point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Paul

/ Looking for info #2  
See the following.............

B5100

Bet it's a belt! Check the pulleys for rust and rough edges. Be sure to loosen the tensioner when you replace the belt and DO NOT over tighten (1" of play).

Good Luck

/ Looking for info #3  
Welcome to TBN! I don't know if this information is available anywhere for free, but perhaps others will chime in. I did a quick search and found you can buy the service manual for your B5100 here:
web page

Also if you go to the TBN Search Page and type in B5100 and change the time from 1 week to all posts, you will find some other B5100 owners that you may be able to contact. Good luck!

/ Looking for info #4  
Paul,

Here's a little bit of information on the B5100 from TractorData.com (looks like Greg beat me to this link /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

There's an eBay auction going right now for a B5100 Workshop Manual. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If your tractor doesn't have a ROPS, Kubota has a special program to retrofit older tractors. Read about in the links on this page. Any dealer can get it for you, and it looks like the ROPS for the B5100 only costs $148. I bought one for my L345 and installed it myself. Very good investment.

Welcome to TBN!

/ Looking for info
Thanks for everyone's input. It's a B5100DT. I bid on that manual on ebay but no luck yet. I did find a parts manual being offered on ebay with a buy it now option. It's on the way.

Now a couple other questions.
I haven't fixed the MMM yet, as I got home to late last night, but it's only 42" could this tractor pull a 5ft RFM?

How big of a brush cutter could it handle?

Can I use a brush cutter while the MMM is still attached?

Thank you for your patients.