Oil & Fuel water in diesel

/ water in diesel #1  

chiles

does anyone know how to get water out of the lines and the engine. We didn't know there was water in our diesel and we filled it up.

/ water in diesel #2  
You have a messy job ahead of you.
First drain tank depending on what model tractor you have either unhook at tank or at filter--let fuel run until no water droplets are visable.
Second drain filter and refill with fresh fuel
Third go through the bleeding process at pump and crack each injector until fuel runs clear.
Now you should be ready to try and start the engine. If you lucky it will start for you let it run and keep a close eye on the fuelfilter if you have a clear housing let run if more water appears in fuel filter drain and replace filter.
Good luck
Gordon

/ water in diesel #3  
chiles, Gordon's already told you what to do. I filled my B7100 a few years ago with diesel and about 30% water and had to drain everything, bleed the lines and injectors, replace the fuel filter, etc. and on that tractor, it really wasn't a bad job to do; just frustrating that I'd pulled a dumb stunt to get the water in the diesel./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ water in diesel #4  
I got a fuel filter from Northern Tool. It's the type you usually see on a gas pump line. I noticed one the filter elements available is called 'water absorbing.' I don't know how effective the element is, but it might be OK for cleaning up fuel from the bot++++of tanks that contain condensation. Of course, it's not going to do anything for water already in the tractor. You need a fuel pump to use this type filter.