Block heater install B7610

/ Block heater install B7610 #1  

Skidmark25

Silver Member
Tractor
B7610
Got a block heater with my B7610 when I bought it the first week of June and forgot about it until I had to put on a sweatshirt the other day. I don't want to be fiddling with it in December so I guess I'll have to address it now.

In the attached photo you will see the heater on the workbench - what do I use the hose clamp and the little pellet for?? I was planning on threading the heater into a hole in the block near the starter motor. I'll also post a pic of what I think is a freeze plug - where I'm planning on putting the heater.

Oh and yes, I did read the directions that came with the heater and the directions say something about cutting 3" off of the radiator hose on a F2400???

Attachments

• 735247-IMG_0030a.JPG
    735247-IMG_0030a.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 481
   / Block heater install B7610
OK and here us where i am planning on threading in the heater element. Is a block heater that threads into the block better or worse than one that is cut into the radiator hose"

Is this a freeze plug and can I pull the freeze plug out with a 3/8" or 1/2" drive ratchet?? or should I buy the allen wrench, Any ideas what size allen??

Attachments

• 735257-IMG_0027a.JPG
    735257-IMG_0027a.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 374
An 'away' shot of the side of the motor, anybody know what the D1105 casted into the side is??

Attachments

• 735261-IMG_0028a.JPG
    735261-IMG_0028a.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 515
Where did you go Dave?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif The directions tell me to cut 3" off of the hose, I think I want a heater that goes into the block not the hose, Isnt that better??

Here are directions, sounds like they want to plug the small 1" radiator hose with the little pellet and clamp it off with the hose clamp?

Cut the hose 3" from the radiator??

Why would I do this unless it would be a temporary measure to just prevent the antifreeze from all running out.

I guess the question is why am I cutting anything?? (nad its a B7610 not F2400)

This is way too much effort. If it threads in it belongs there.

Unit is rated for 400 watts sound too beefy??

Attachments

• 735286-Install instructions.pdf
    38.7 KB · Views: 363
   / Block heater install B7610 #6  
I have no idea what they are talking about in those instructions. Just purchase a 17 MM Alan socket to go on the end of your ratchet and remove the plug from the side of the engine. Install the heater in the threaded opening using some thread sealant material such as pipe dope. Don't use Teflon tape. Teflon tape is for use on old pipe threads to take up for worn threads. You are free to disagree with me, but I learned this from the people that originally came out with Teflon tape when I was in the truck equipment business. We used it on all old pipe and used pipe dope on all new piping. Take the heater with you to your local tool supplier and purchase the proper wrench or socket to tighten. Just make tight enough to be snug, you don't have to moose it into the block. If you over tighten a tapered pipe thread, you can crack the engine block. If you find that it leaks, then you can always give it an additional twist. The pipe dope will seal the threads so there should be no leaks. This is also another reason not to use Teflon tape. It doesn't give you any "feedback" of how tight it is and you can over tighten it. Refill the radiator and coolant overflow tank and take for a ride.

/ Block heater install B7610 #7  
I am not sure about all of this since I do not have a block heater.

1) this is a good excuse to build a heated shop to store your tractor and avoid this block heater situation.

2) all of the block heaters that I have seen go into the block not into a section of the radiator hose. By heating the coolant in the block you also get conductive heating to your oil and any where else depending on the temperatures.

3) before cutting anything swallow your pride and go ask the dealer to be sure.

steve

/ Block heater install B7610 #8  
Here is a picture of mine installed in the block..... just like yours. The instructions packaged with your block heater are for a different unit.

Attachments

• 735406-MVC-762F.JPG
    735406-MVC-762F.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 462
   / Block heater install B7610 #10  
Here are some other threads on installing a block heater in a <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> block. Click Here In this thread I tried to explain how to install a block heater without draining the radiator.
It works give it a try. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif