BX Bagger

/ BX Bagger #1  

rock

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200
I took delivery of the bagger for my BX2200 - 54" deck last week and put it together this weekend. I was getting all ready to write a big long story about how it went together and how it works, etc... however I have a problem.

The bagger attaches to the 3pt lift arms, but you need to take off the arms that connect the lift arms to the 3pt hydro actuator arms (OK, my terms are probably wrong, but I bet y'all know what I mean). In this mode the 3pt lift arms act as sort of a pivot that you can rock forward on and connect an extension arm from the bagger to the top of the top link. You actually remove the top link and slide the bagger extension through the ears and pin it.

Problem is when I rock the thing forward the extension piece comes up about 1.5" too short and I can't pin it. I've go the lift arms as wide as they'll go and even used some thin lynch pins to push the lift arms to the farthest extent of the lift pins. This makes the lift arms as "short as possible".

Any ideas? anyone else out there with a bagger with this problem. I'm sure someone will want pictures, and if I can find the time I'll snap some, but until then the description is all I have.

And yes, when I get the thing working I'll do a writeup with pictures and all.

-- Rock

/ BX Bagger #2  
I also encountered same problem with bagger, was very disappointed with design as compared to BX and other implements. Really need two people to hookup bagger !!!
After 3-4 times installing/removing bagger I decided to figure another way. I Designed system that utilizes 3 pt. hitch and hydraulics. I will try to take some pictures and post them today along with description...

/ BX Bagger #3  
I'll be curious to see your pictures. I have the B2910 with the grass catcher. It takes two people to remove the whole unit, most of which is supported by a metal bar in the middle. When my tractor was delivered recently, we had to take the grass catcher off to get the brush hog off of the trailer, and then put it back on, as I wanted to mow with my mmm first.

We too, had to take off some of the 3ph 'stuff' (highly technical /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif terms I'm using). I've not done this alone yet. I'm thinking that the grass catcher I have is the same?...9 or 10 bushel capacity.

/ BX Bagger #5  
I have put mine on for the second time now. The first time was frustrating. Now I attach the lift arms and the drive shaft, then put a scissors jack and block of wood under the right angle drive sheet metal housing and lift the bagger into position. The pin goes right in with no trouble. You have to make sure the jack is centered so the bagger lifts level. The bagger works great, but needs more holding capacity.

/ BX Bagger #6  
Apologize for taking so long to get pictures. Be advised there is some drawbacks with the setup I have, the most important is the fact that the MMM and 3-PT raise and lower at appx. the same time, not independently. When I have to raise the mmm to transport I have to disengage the pto as the bagger will raise with the MMM and bind the pto shaft. No big deal except you need to remember or there could be damage to the u-joints. If I can be of more help, let me know.

Attachments

• 2-73456-kubotahitch.jpeg
    2-73456-kubotahitch.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 148
   / BX Bagger #7  
Pic #2

Attachments

• 2-73457-kubotahitch2.jpeg
    2-73457-kubotahitch2.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 112
   / BX Bagger #8  
Pic #3

Attachments

• 2-73458-kubotahitch3.jpeg
    2-73458-kubotahitch3.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 108
   / BX Bagger #9  
Pic #4

Attachments

• 2-73459-kubotahitch4.jpeg
    2-73459-kubotahitch4.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 148
   / BX Bagger #10  
Did you look into getting a three point quick hitch before making your own?