Tire pressure in your loaded R4's?

/ Tire pressure in your loaded R4's? #1  

MOG

Tractor
kubota 2410 with loaded R4s
Tire pressure in your loaded R4\'s?

Just curious as to what pressure you guys are running. How low can I go? I have a 2410 with 12.4-16.5's loaded 75% with calcium ( I think that's the size, close to that anyways.) All responses will be appreciated.

Thanks,
MOG

/ Tire pressure in your loaded R4's? #2  
Re: Tire pressure in your loaded R4\'s?

Assuming you are using inner tubes, the lowest air pressure would be dependent upon when the tire beed comes away from the rim. This tire loading is dependent mostly upon the load on the 3 pt.

Two winters ago, my B2400 was parked out back. I had 12 psi in my tires (same tires as you have) and had about 900 # (resting on the ground) attached to the 3 pt. After starting up the engine, I lifted the 3 pt. with its 900#, and the right rear tire just went flat. The beed came off rim seal. Since I don't use tubes, I had a "self induced flat".

I suspect that 12 psi is about as low as you would want to go.

My tires are now loaded with water. I have set the psi at about 30. I do a lot of digging with the FEL and grading with a box scraper. With the R4 stiffness and tread pattern, I never really noticed any traction difference with lower pressure. The only noticed difference was in the ride. It was slightly softer but also felt more tippy.

Peter

/ Tire pressure in your loaded R4's? #3  
Re: Tire pressure in your loaded R4\'s?

MOG,

My B21 runs the same tire as you. Mine are filled with water and anti-freeze and I run about 18 lbs. If it was not for the weight of the backhoe, I might drop it a bit.

MarkV