Do you wash your machine after....

/ Do you wash your machine after.... #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
Do you wash your machine after fertilizing? I just finished fertilizing the lawns and decided that I would give the machine a quick wash down. I was surprised at all the places that the fertilizer had worked it way into. I wound up washing down the entire machine, including under the wheel wells, the transmission and the frame. Makes me want to keep one old machine to pull the spreader to keep the Kubota from developing rust spots from the fertilizer.
All the time I was putting it down, the grey clouds were omnisciently overhead. After I finish, the sun comes out. Where is the rain when you want it most???? /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ Do you wash your machine after.... #2  
I always wash after fertilizer spreading. Otherwise, cleaning the tractor is usually with the air hose.

We need rain real bad too. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Do you wash your machine after.... #3  
<font color="blue"> Makes me want to keep one old machine to pull the spreader to keep the Kubota from developing rust spots from the fertilizer. </font>

I have found by not fertilizing my lawn, this is a non issue. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Gary

/ Do you wash your machine after.... #5  
I always wash it after fertilizing! Even after washing, my three point will have some surface rust! Enought to require me to spray lubricant on the 3pt arms the next day!

Joe

/ Do you wash your machine after.... #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have found by not fertilizing my lawn, this is a non issue. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif)</font>

What is a "lawn"? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have my youngest boy mow whatever grows right next to the house about once a month, whether it needs it or not.

/ Do you wash your machine after.... #8  
I have found that if I wax the car it will always rain.

/ Do you wash your machine after.... #9  
If I had wanted to wash my own tractor I would have never got married