Tractor
    Kubota L48TLB

Default BT1100 backhoe leakdown rate?

Folks,

Does anyone know the spec leakdown rate for the boom cylinder in a BT1100 fitted to an L48? I noticed yesterday as I was driving about (over somewhat bumpy ground) that from having it fully raised, it would have about an inch of piston showing after 10-15 minutes. I'm guessing this is normal, given the weight of the dipper and bucket? I have about 10 hours on the L48.

Thanks

Tractor
    Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs

Default Re: BT1100 backhoe leakdown rate?

Our BT1000 on our L39 does about the same, as do the stabilizers but they both pretty much stop after that for a considerable amount of time. After 6-7 days they are still at the same place.

art
    Tractor
    all makes and models

Default Re: BT1100 backhoe leakdown rate?

That is totally normal. That is why they come with the easy to install pins so the changing pressure of driving around a job site doesn't cause the cylinders and valves to leak down.