Cleaning exhaust build up on FEL arms??

/ Cleaning exhaust build up on FEL arms?? #11  
I use Simple Green. It's easier on the paint than some of the other methods. I just spray it on let it sit a few minutes then wash it off.

/ Cleaning exhaust build up on FEL arms?? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I use Simple Green. It's easier on the paint than some of the other methods. I just spray it on let it sit a few minutes then wash it off. )</font>

Careful with SG as it is a st\rong alkyli and can ruin paint, damage aluminum, etc.
regards,
Steve

/ Cleaning exhaust build up on FEL arms?? #13  
Thanks I didn't realize that. I have never had any issues with it on the paint, but I will pay more attention to how long I leave it on.

/ Cleaning exhaust build up on FEL arms?? #14  
I use Castrol Super Clean, works great, don't let it soak for too long. Removes it all. Works great on lots of other stuff too.

/ Cleaning exhaust build up on FEL arms?? #15  
Spray some Simple Green on it and it will come right off.

/ Cleaning exhaust build up on FEL arms?? #16  
I agree. Simple green is the best thing that I have found for diesel soot.

/ Cleaning exhaust build up on FEL arms?? #17  
Simple green cuts right through that junk and is user friendly. I use it everytime I wash my tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Cleaning exhaust build up on FEL arms?? #18  
I added a 1 1/4" copper, 45 deg. sweat street elbow. (pointed down)
Cut two slots 180 deg. apart, and the width of a hose clamp, in the end of the copper fitting that fits over the tractor exhaust. (slots let it compress a little when the hose clamp is tightened. It's a snug fit anyway)
I was going to weld a fitting on, but I wanted to try one anyone could do that doesn't weld.
It works great, all the exhaust goes to the ground now.
I came across your post about attaching a copper elbow to the B3030 exhaust pipe. I did just that, and I think it'll cure the problem of soot all over the FEL and hydraulic hoses.
Thanks?
John Street
Honeoye, NY

/ Cleaning exhaust build up on FEL arms?? #19  
Castrol Superclean. I love that stuff. Buy it by the gallon at Kmart and dump it in spray bottles. The purple cleaner melts it right off. You may need to rub a bit for thicker deposits..........chim

Unless you live in Maine, home of the EnvionMENTAList whackos. Can't buy that or oil-based paints and stains.

/ Cleaning exhaust build up on FEL arms?? #20