Lubrication via zirc fittings

/ Lubrication via zirc fittings #41  
Re: Great answers; What the heck are these anyway?

Dan,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Take a look at this link and look for item #418 right angle grease coupler.
http://www.thextontools.com/catalog/specialty/spec_2.htm#No. 418
Let the link load up there is a picture of the coupler.

The coupler slides onto the fiting. It is really low profile meaning I can grease a straight fitting with less than 1" clearance. Hope this help your situation.

Derek

/ Lubrication via zirc fittings #42  

I THOUGHT I had bought a needle nose fitting but I got a needle instead. I checked a hardware store last night but could not find one. My grease gun fitting just is to large to fit on the zerk. It fits the other fittings but not these two. The joint LOOKS like it might expand if more grease was added but I'm guessing. I know I have greased the joint before, actually there are two that are identical and have the same problem.

Thanks....
Dan

/ Lubrication via zirc fittings #43  

I think this fitting would work! Thanks for the info. It looks like an interesting web site.

Thanks,
Dan

/ Lubrication via zirc fittings #44  
A thread extractor shoudl do it. Be sure it's the right size. I also find that tapping them tight into the hole with a hammer help seat them so they bit in when extracting. Getting a fitting like this out should actually be quite easy since it's already drilled out in the center.

Try tappin gin the extractor to seat it - that should work