B7510 @100hrs plus a pic

/ B7510 @100hrs plus a pic #1  

BossBill

B7510 @100hrs plus a pic

100 Hour report on the B7510.

Delivery went fine, however PDI wasn't that great as the right rear wheel thru-bolt came off and the wheel started wobbling around. Found the parts (amazing) and put back in.
Just recently both came loose and hit them up with 100 ft/lb per spec and now they creak. Sigh.
The Tractor:
-- The seat is terrible. I'm 6'5"/240 and to get any back support I have to lean way back...very ghetto and still not comfortable. It's like the springs on the rear of the seat are too soft or something. The seat fabric likes to come loose at the top windlace and is loose in the pic. Any tall big guys that can help with the spring thing?
-- Don't try to drive this thing with long legs and boots with tall heels. Overall, the HST fwd and aft controls are not meant for tall guys. I like my small J-D HST pedal situation much better.
-- The diff lock is not handy for my size 13s either.
-- The adjustment links on the lower B/H screw keep stretching.
-- Three hydraulic hoses have started weeping -- just tighten up and they stop. Is that normal?
-- Something is leaking in the control cabinet of the B/H, but haven't had time open it up or bring to the dealer.
-- It took me about 90 hrs to find the float position as it didn't want to be engaged and I didn't want to hit it that hard. I finally gave it good whack and now it works. Odd.
-- The rear seat just falls on the main seat -- I finally stuck a bungie on it, but the B/H seat needs a spring to hold it rearward (see pic) anytime you get off. Otherwise it jambs against the front seat and the two interlock.
-- The clang of the B/H feet drive me nuts. I flipped them over and used a cargo strap to hold them together. Also works as a way to keep from having to lower the feet when parked.
-- The clang on the ROPS keeps time with the clang of the feet. I have a fix in mind for that.
-- Getting in and out for a tall guy is not that easy if you aren't spry. I'm ok unless I throw my back out. The PTO contols are in the wasy when I get in and out and I keep grinding gears. I may flatten the handle so it's flat (bend at 90) so it keeps away from my leg.
-- Every once in a while the tractor slows and I start looking around -- did I leave the brake on? No, I bumped the PTO handle and even though the control under seat is off and locked, the hydraulics are churning, bruning up power (and who knows what else).
-- I just bought an air filter and I wish they would design to cost sometimes. $35 for an airfilter and almost 10 for oil. Jeez.
The gas filter comes in 3 separate packages. Weird.
-- Buy a case of zerk fittings. Rocks get in the B/H and around the B/H feet and I've replaced about 6 now. One in the front bucket arm is an odd size.

You may think I don't like it, but that's not true.
It's a nice piece. But I'm honest about my equipment -- what I like and what I don't. Some of the above is typical tractor stuff. Some is due to my size. Some things could use improving.
I like it well enough that my neighbor got one too (a bigger one, of course).

I'm on my next 100 cubic yard of dirt removal and it hasn't skipped a beat. Here's a pic of it digging out the other side of my foundation. I break up the dirt wall with the B/H and bucket the easy stuff. When I get close to the wall I start near the top and strip down, as in this pic and then pull the dirt away from the wall.
Digging out the foundation
Result on the other side

/ B7510 @100hrs plus a pic #3  
Re: B7510 @100hrs plus a pic

Boss,

Noticed some of the same things you have - some bother me, some don't. I'm 6'0" with long legs and it's tough to get on & off - mostly off, without pushing something or catching something on something, especially when trying to step over the mower deck. I too have noticed the leak from the B/H control area since about 40 hrs. Never had time to open it up & look. If you figure out what it is, post here or drop me an email so I know what to look for. And the B/H seat and tractor seat situation is annoying as well. The $35 air filter was a shock to me too.

Dave

/ B7510 @100hrs plus a pic
Re: B7510 @100hrs plus a pic

They also wanted $35 for the inner screen filter too.
Jeez. $140 for two complete filter changes?
The inner is a cleanable mesh, so I said no thanks.
But I thought I'd ask...

In the previous post I said the PTO handle engaged and slowed me -- okaaaay. I meant the 3 point lever.
I had the rotary valve (dead center under the front edge of the seat) shut off, so I don't get it.

I'm not a fat person -- just a big guy. But you move around and you hit stuff. You are getting in and out and getting moved around.

With a mower deck it must be a real leg stretch to get around.

Do you think a spring loaded mechanism for the b/h seat would sell? I'm into building things (for race cars) and the whole b/h seat mechanism is an afterthought.
Did no one ever put a b/h on this tractor and try out the seat at the factory? I guess not...this would have never left my shop.