Snowblower Question

/ Snowblower Question #11  
FWIW, I run a 48" blower on my B6100, and it's rated for only 11 PTO HP, and it runs great. I've had to blow snow that was a lot higher than the auger, and of course I had to keep the speed down (easy with HST), and was very impressed with the work it would do. I also have a 10/38 walk-behind snowblower, and sometimes I think the Kubota would like to eat that through the snowblower too. My only problem is the 6100 is only 2wd, so getting enough traction backing up a hill is a bit tricky, but a little modding should help that for this winter.
I have about 600' of driveway to do.

/ Snowblower Question #12  
I have a 7610 with a 60" Kubota blower and 1200 foot driveway and live in the mountains of NH. If the snows wet and over 6" you'll just need to slow down. If it's dry just drive.
i've found goggles are useless. Just learn to judge wich way's the wind blowing. Get a front blower if you want to be really happy.

/ Snowblower Question #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> </font> I am originally from the very far north of Minnesota )</font> <font color="black"> </font>

My wife is from Duluth. I also lived there for three years. The way things are going here you may not need the blower much. I'm sure the cycle will end though. I use my 355D with a 48" blade for the 1/2 inch snows. When those occasional April storms dump slush the blower plugs and I have to use the FEL.

/ Snowblower Question
Yea, that is my biggest fear. No snow around here. What I wouldn't give to be able to move back to Northern Minnesota or even North Central Wisconsin. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Only problem, with this crappy field of work (software engineer), there are no jobs available. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe I should take up a different career. Thought about going back home to the farm and helping run the family farm, that sounds like more fun than this boring work!

Curtis

/ Snowblower Question #15  
I would have loved to have a family farm to help run but I was born in Chicago.

/ Snowblower Question #16  
ZackaryMac said:
FWIW, I run a 48" blower on my B6100, and it's rated for only 11 PTO HP, and it runs great. I've had to blow snow that was a lot higher than the auger, and of course I had to keep the speed down (easy with HST), and was very impressed with the work it would do. I also have a 10/38 walk-behind snowblower, and sometimes I think the Kubota would like to eat that through the snowblower too. My only problem is the 6100 is only 2wd, so getting enough traction backing up a hill is a bit tricky, but a little modding should help that for this winter.
I have about 600' of driveway to do.
What type of blower is it? Is it an actual blower or a snow thrower?

Cheers!

Eric

/ Snowblower Question #17  
By the way I'm in the market for a snowblower so keep the life stories coming. Good stuff to read.

/ Snowblower Question #18  
ByronBob said:
By the way I'm in the market for a snowblower so keep the life stories coming. Good stuff to read.
What type of snowblower Byron and for what model tractor?

/ Snowblower Question #19  
Kubota In Canada said:
What type of snowblower Byron and for what model tractor?

RMSB for a BX2230. I've looked around here in WNY for one and darn if I can't find anything used. I'm going to have to pony up the big dollars and go new.

I was afraid of the meteor brand only because they didn't have a web site. It makes me worry about getting parts and such when you can't reach the OEM. But it seems people only have good things to say about them.

/ Snowblower Question #20  
ByronBob said:
RMSB for a BX2230. I've looked around here in WNY for one and darn if I can't find anything used. I'm going to have to pony up the big dollars and go new.

I was afraid of the meteor brand only because they didn't have a web site. It makes me worry about getting parts and such when you can't reach the OEM. But it seems people only have good things to say about them.
I have a front-mounted Kubota snowblower ...... do you want the model number? Perhaps it can be of use to you?

Regards

Eric