Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7610

Default Snowblower Question

I am thinking about buying a Farm King snowblower. I have a B7610 that it will be mounted on. The dealer recommended a 50" for the HP but it will barely clear the tire tracks. Will these tractors run a 60" or am I better off sticking with a 50"?

Thanks.
    Curtis

Tractor
    Kubota B7100

Default Re: Snowblower Question

I run a 54 inch Smyth blower on the back of my B7100. Living in Central NY I've had to put up with some pretty heavy snowfalls since I bought the tractor. With my 16HP (unsure about PTO HP) I've had no trouble running a 54 inch blower. I can easily cut through up to 2 feet of light snow as fast as I am comfortable driving in reverse. I slow down a bit when the snow is heavier or when cutting into the banks built up at the end of the drive by the county snowplow. I can usually clear my 200 ft driveway in about 1/2 an hour. I'm sure your 7610 could handle the larger blower

Tractor
    Kubota B2410, BX2200

We have had a 60" Meteor for years and I now use it on the back of my 2410- same hp- with no problems whatsoever. I feel that there is plenty of power.
    btw- I have moved the rear wheels out on the axle, so I would be in trouble running something smaller.

Tractor
    (Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1910 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new

A 60 will work OK, but in heavy conditions you will want to pick a speed that is not taxing the tractor. You can run a 50" faster in heavy snow then the 60". As long as your aware of the speed issue and don't overload you'll be OK.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2410 Bi-Speed Turn, R4's, Top 'N' Tilt, LA 352 Loader w/ Toothbar

I run a 60" on my B2410 with no problem. At the end of the driveway, if I've been plowed in by the town, I will usually slow down quite a bit and I have no issues. On the very few storms where you get a lot of heavy wet snow, you might need to modify your speed. For the vast majority of storms that are normal weight 6-12" storms, you can go as fast as you like.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Why not get a snow plow for a 4 wheel drive vehicle if you have one?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7610

Well, I debated going the snowplow route as I have a Chevy 2500HD diesel but they are so expensive. I can buy the 50" snowblower for $1250 vs. $3800 for the snowplow.

I think I have decided to go with the 50" vs. 60" just because I have no real reason for the 60" when I come to think of it. My driveway is 12' wide and 135' long. Either way I need to make 3 passes so I might as well stick with the 50".

Unless somebody can convince me otherwise to go with the snowplow...

Thanks
    Curtis

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    L3130

The blower appears much more cost effective but do you have a cab on the tractor? If not you'll need a good snow suit, goggles etc.. cause you'll be white more often than not.

Tractor
    (Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1910 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new

I solve the probem of being white by staying upwind.

I plowed for two years with the pickup and went to the blower for two reaons.

1. My drive has trees right on the edge and the blower does not build up a ridge on the edge like the blade. Once that freezes it is a mess.

2. The maneuverability is much better so I have less hand work to do. I have some tight places around parking ramps on my buildings. The pickup is too long and doesn't turn tight enough.

If you don't have trees and tight places the warm truck cab is nice, but it isn't usually that cold here in Northwest Illinois when it snows anyway. I think of it as invigorating. The hot coffee is better when I'm done too.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7610

Yea, I have decided to go the route of the 50" snowblower for the back of the 7610. I don't mind the cold, as like you have said, it is not usually all that cold here in Northern Illinois when it does snow. I used to use a walk behind snowblower and have gotten used to being white when finished. I will just dawn the snowmobile suit and go, sounds like fun to me since I am originally from the very far north of Minnesota!

Thanks.
    Curtis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast