Don't want a broken rear end!

/ Don't want a broken rear end! #1  

dieselsmith

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L 2800 HST
Don\'t want a broken rear end!

I just got done reading the L3400 3 point backhoe broke the housing thread. I recently purchased a new L2800, when I picked it up, there was a L3400 sitting there with the same problem- broken casting. I told my dealer that I was putting a Woods 7500 3 point hoe on mine and I was concerned about that but he said it should be fine. I asked about the heavy duty top link bracket and he said they make one for the grand L but not mine. I am afraid to use it now. He is real difficult to get things fixed under warranty. Anyone have any advice? Subframe? Where would I get one at? I bought the hoe used (95 model) and I thought I was getting the proper tractor for it. Should I be concerned? Can you buy a subframe for it? Thanks guys!

/ Don't want a broken rear end! #2  
Re: Don\'t want a broken rear end!

I have a sub frame unit on my B7610 with a Woods BH6500 hoe. Never had a pro blem with it and I think I have worked it pretty good.

I would imagine that Woods would make a sub frame for an L series as well???

/ Don't want a broken rear end! #3  

Huh?
I don't know about a "heavy duty" bracket, but when he repaired it the dealer put a toplink bracket on the tractor which I used for several months. No problems, but there's no way I'd do backhoe work using the 3pt. ever again. That breakage was not only very inconvenient, it could have injured or killed someone. Get the subframe ASAP. Mine cost about $500, but I had to wait forever to get it. Good luck.

/ Don't want a broken rear end! #4  

Greg, check your mail. I am in the process of installing the heavy duty toplink bracket for my boxblade. I ordered the bracket from Carver Equip. Ask for Tim, believe me, he's the Kubota Man!

Later I hope to post with pics how I am doing mine.

jw5875

/ Don't want a broken rear end! #5  

How much does the heavy duty toplink bracket cost?

/ Don't want a broken rear end! #6  

I too would be interested in seeing the heavy duty bracket.

/ Don't want a broken rear end! #7  

Depends on which one that you will need. Some are one piece and some have support brackets etc. I beleive that there are maybe 6 different ones. When/if you order, have your serial number. Tim at Carver will help you.
Mine was around $200.00 (Kubota Name Brand /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) No Kubota part, no more warrentee. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

jw5875

/ Don't want a broken rear end! #8  

JW5875 -

Thanks for the reply... I should have been more specific... I have an L3400DT. Since the thread starter was asking about the L2800/L3400 I just assumed we were all talking about the same bracket.

Oh well... you know what happens when we "assume"!

/ Don't want a broken rear end! #9  

Well, over the weekend I was able to "Adapt" the heavy duty toplink bracket on my L3400. I had to modify it a little and the last thing to do was to weld the two piece original toplink brackets to the new one. Last is to get a can of grey paint and touch it up!!!

Later I hope to post the pics on the sequence and final result.

Next prodject is to install the "present" from Integrated Engineering.

jw5875