L3400 top link too short

/ L3400 top link too short #1  

westbrooklawn

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota L3400HST
I just installed Pat's quick connect system on my L3400DT. They really make it easy to hook up my 3pt attachments, but I have found that my top link is now too short to make the necessary angle adjustments on my BB and scrape blade.

Has anyone else found this to be the case... and if so, what is the best solution? If there is a longer top link available to fit my tractor, can anyone give me a manufacture and part number? I would be interested in an aftermarket part if available (sometimes "kubota" on the part makes it substantially more expensive if you know what I mean!).

I am a bit of a tractor "newbie" so pardon me if this is a stupid question!!

/ L3400 top link too short #2  
Most top links are adjustable. They screw in and out as you need. They might have a locking nut or a lever to release the lock on the threads. Yours doesn't do this?

/ L3400 top link too short
RobJ -

Thanks for the reply...

Maybe I should have been a little more specific. With my top link <font color="blue"> fully extended to it's max length </font> , it is still too short to make the necessary angle adjustments on my BB.

/ L3400 top link too short #4  
I have a Mahindra top link to use with my finishing mower and a Ford toplink that I use with my bushhog, plus the original Kubota toplink that I use with my Box Blade. They are only about $25. It's a lot faster to just switch toplinks when switching implements, than to sit there and change the length.
Toplink barrels come in several lengths. The screw-in ends also come in different sizes. Make sure the end will fit correctly on the implement pin. I don't think it matters what brand you use. Buy from the nearest dealer.

/ L3400 top link too short #5  
I checked your profile… You have not filled it out, so I have no idea where you are… so I also don’t know what businesses are close to you that may have longer top links…
Pat’s system moves everything back, so you will need to lengthen your top link also. Tractor supply, Atwoods or Orscheln farm supply will have what you need… KennyV.

/ L3400 top link too short #6  
Run down to your nearest farm store and get a longer top link. I'm using a chain for the shreder and like it much better than the adjustable top link. I gotta get me a longer top link also.