Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-20 (sold to son-in-law), AC - H3 Crawler, L3130HST, (AC-WD w/Attachments - SOLD), 1984 Honda Big Red, Honda Foreman 4x4 w/plow

Default L3130 HST 3 point lift question

When I raise my Box Blade, it doesn't start to lift until the lever is around #5. Is this normal? Seems to me it would raise almost immediately before I monkeyed around trying to adjust the hydraulic speed with that control under the seat.
    penokee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277

Default Re: L3130 HST 3 point lift question

If I understand you correctly, then yes this is normal.

Your lever is numbered something like 1-9. 1 would be when the 3-point arms are on the ground and 9 being when the arms are at max height.

Now where the 3pt arms connect to your box blade would be at about #4 on your lever. So as you raise the box blade starting the lever at the #1 position it would not start to move until it got to about # 5 on the lever.

It would be just like your 3 pt arm not going all the way to the ground when your box blade is attached and your lever is at #1, the arms being connected to the box blade prevents them from droping down.

When I connect my bush hog to my L3130 it does not start to pick it up until I get to #6 or7 on my lever arm. Thats because I have lifted the arms up past what would be #5 on my lever in order to connet them to the hog.

Not sure I explained this real good, sometimes by the time my thoughts get to my fingers something happens to them [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST

Mine does the same thing. For instance: my finish mower links are closer to the ground than my box blade links. So when I raise my finish mower, it starts to pick up around level 3. When I raise my box blade, it starts to pick up around level 5. Similarly when I lower the implements, my box blade is completely on the ground at level 5 and my finish mower is completely on the ground at level 3.
    I don't think your monkeying around with the speed control had anything to do with it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].

Lawrence

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ferguson TO-20 (sold to son-in-law), AC - H3 Crawler, L3130HST, (AC-WD w/Attachments - SOLD), 1984 Honda Big Red, Honda Foreman 4x4 w/plow

Thanks to both of you. Had been doing some Bush-hoging then switched to the Box Blade, that's when I noticed it. Feel better now - thanks again.
    penokee [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]