Adding Hydraulics to L3010

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #1  

HarleyBob

Silver Member
I have a L3010 with loader and want to add a connection
to run a 3pt log splitter. I am not looking for full rear controls at this time. How do I add a block to allow supplemental hydraulics. It appears that the front loader occupies all the connecitons that came with the tractor.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #2  
There is a factory rear remote kit for 1 to 3 valves that is an option from Kubota. There is another hydraulic block on the tractor for this option but only the Kubota parts will fit unless you make an adapter yourself. The Kubota parts are pricey.

You could easily add an external valve of your choice by placing it in series with the loader valve. There have been several posts by me and others explaining how to plumb this up. If you decide to go this way just ask and I can give you instructions.

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #3  
If you decide to go with the Kubota parts you might want to ask whether the valves for the L3130 will fit the L3010. I don't know if they will or not. The valves for the new machines are stackable and if you install just one valve and decide later on you need a 2nd or 3rd you can just add them. With the older design you have to decide up front how many valves you want because if you install 1 valve and then want to add more you need to toss one you already purchased and start from scratch.

If you go with a system as Madreferee suggested you can mount the valve control where ever you would like and this may be a better option for operating a splitter.

Kevin

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #4  
The Kubota valves for the 3010 and 3130 are different. Someone about a year ago posted the Kubota part numbers for the 3010 but I can't seem to find it. But then again I didn't look too hard. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010
How can I find that link on the forum on adding the block? Does it attach directly onto the current block where the FEL is connected?
Thanks,
Hbob

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How can I find that link on the forum on adding the block? Does it attach directly onto the current block where the FEL is connected? )</font>

Your dealer should be able to supply you with the Kubota part numbers for the aux valves (the post I mentioned earlier had those numbers). The 3010 has an aux hydraulic outlet that is seperate from the loader outlet and is designed for the remote valves that Kubota sells as an option. There is no adapter block available.

However, at least one person here on TBN has made his own adapter block for a Grand L series Kubota. The machining methods would be similar if you wanted to make one for the 3010. There was a post on this about a year or so ago.

If you don't want to spend big bucks for a Kubota valve that bolts right to the tractor then you can simply connect to the loader's power beyond. It's done all the time by people who don't want, for whatever reason, to purchase the Kubota valve kit.

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #7  
I was thinking of adding one or two to a L3410 Would tapping into the loader line work as good as the factory remotes? I also would be interested in more info on the conversion.

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #8  
Tapping into the loader power beyond is the same as having the factory remotes, with the only difference is that you have your own remote spool valves and plumbing. The factory setup is neat and clean whereas the homebrew remote requires an external valve with power beyond and external hoses.

To make the connection to your own external valve do the following: <ul type="square"> [*]Disconnect the loader valve's power beyond hose where it connects to the tractor hydraulic block. [*]Connect this hose to your valve's inlet port. You can either use a union fitting and a short hose or simply replace the hose you just disconnected with a longer one. [*]Connect the power beyond port of your valve to the tractor hydraulic block where you just disconnected the hose (see above). [*]Connect the tank outlet port of your valve to the loader valve's return to tank hose at the transmission. These two hoses can be teed together at the transmission case. They are the only lines that can be teed together. [*]Connect your valve's work ports to your cylinders and your are ready to rock and roll. [/list]

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010
What is "power beyond?" I see inlet, outlet and tank ports on the hydraulic block. What does power beyond do and which port is it? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Adding Hydraulics to L3010 #10  
When talking about a valve, you have:

Inlet = high pressure fluid coming in
Outlet = high pressure going out, also called power beyond
Tank = neutral pressure exhaust fluid from the work ports (cylinders)

I would assume that Kubota's terminology is the same with the inlet connection of the block going to the valve's inlet port, the outlet connection of the block going the the valve's outlet port (power beyond), and the tank connection going to the valve's tank port.