Price of Super UDT

/ Price of Super UDT #1  

Tinmann

Tractor
3710 HST
My dealer wants $32.40 for a 2.5 gallon jug of Super UDT. Is this price fair and in the ball park?

/ Price of Super UDT #2  
Price here in north ga is about 12.00 dollars per gallon. It would be a little cheaper in 5 gallon buckets but still expensive.

/ Price of Super UDT #3  
Tinmann,
I just bought up my last invoice when I purchase Super UDT.
On 9/08/99 I payed $17.30 for 2.5 gallons.

Your dealer price does seem a tad high,does your dealer give you 10% to 15% off for being a regular customer?

Take Care.

Thomas..NH

/ Price of Super UDT
Sounds like I am getting taken!! I just bought a 3710 from this dealer( taken possession Monday) and I don't like what I hear. What do you think?

/ Price of Super UDT #5  
Tinmann,
I recheck just to make sure of the price in which I paid for Super UDT,and it was $17.30 for 2.5 gallons.
The hyd filter was $4.25 but I'm sure your filter might be a tad higher for you have a much bigger Kubota.
Also paid $1.74 quart of 10w30 Kubota engine oil.

Congratulation on your new Kubota purchase !!
I hope Monday arrives a.s.a.p. for you.

Take care and be good to yourself.

Thomas..NH

/ Price of Super UDT #6  
I have recently priced Super UDT for my new Kubota BX at two dealers. Was Between $32 and $35 for 2 1/2 gal. Regular UDT was about $17 for the same quantity. The transmission filter was about $32 at both places. The filter price really surprised me.

/ Price of Super UDT #7  
Whats the diff between the UDT and the super UDT???? sound like a allfull lot for oil??
rich

/ Price of Super UDT #8  
Unfortunately, everyone seems to have a different idea and no one seems to know for sure. Search on Super UDT in the current board and in the archives. Lots of interesting reading. The most interesting was a post where someone quoted Kubota as saying the Super UDT was synthetic, but that has not been reported that way before. I would pay the difference if it really was synthetic, but no way to tell for sure. Since my tractor is a gear tractor, it makes less difference than if I had a hydrostatic transmission. It also seldom get cold enough in Texas to justify the Super UDT. I don't know why something that should be as straight forward as this is such a mystery! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Price of Super UDT
I called my dealer and he also charges about $32.00 for the hydraulic filters. I asked him to make sure of the price and he told me he was correct. The price about floored me!!! I can't do anything about the price but I will see if there is an after market filter that could be less expensive. If not then I will have to settle for the very high prices. I even called other dealers and was quoted the same price. What makes the oil and hydraulic filters so expensive? Only thing I can think of is they are the only ones selling them!!!

/ Price of Super UDT #10  
The filters must be orange