Wanted: 3pt Chipper - NE Ohio, W Pa

/ Wanted: 3pt Chipper - NE Ohio, W Pa #1  

Frank

Tractor
BX 22 trade-up from 2200
Anyone know of a cat I 3 point wood chipper for sale in the Northeast Ohio or Western Pa region? Looking to use with my Bx2200. This specific implement is not listed in the manual, but it seems like 375 - 400 lbs would be the maximum weight the 3 pt hitch could handle.

Also, any advice about what brands or models would work on the Bx2200? One issue might be whether a 540 speed PTO is sufficient. The promotional literature for the Mighty Mac model 12p by MacKissic suggests that 540 is not fast enough.

Anyone have any idea what I should expect to spend on a used 3pt chipper - one designed for smaller compact tractors?

Thanks,
Frank

/ Wanted: 3pt Chipper - NE Ohio, W Pa #2  
Weight will definately be a limiting concern. Are you just wanting to chip or are you wanting a combination chipper-shredder? You might find a better solution is to get a towed chipper that uses its own engine. I found a used Crary Bearcat with a 25 HP engine that I tow behind my tractor (or pickup) While there are some advantages to a PTO chipper, there are more advantages to having it self contained. Prices are going to be whatever you can find. Don't be lured into buying a machine just because the price is attractive, try it out on your tractor first.

/ Wanted: 3pt Chipper - NE Ohio, W Pa #3  
I have a BIO 350 Carravagi Italian shredder chipper I use behind a 43 HP MF 135. I intend to try it behind my B7001 but I doubt whether it has enough HP. PTO should always be set at 540 rpm unless otherwise specified. The Bio 350 uses gears and belt pulleys to adjust the speed. In Aust red roo make a similar machine.

/ Wanted: 3pt Chipper - NE Ohio, W Pa
Treeboone,
I'm interested in both chipping and shredding. I've now got a small MTD 4hp that has a tow bar. It's just too underpowered to do much good. My backup plan is to simply replace the MTD with a more powerful stand alone unit that can be towed. I'm about ready to give up on finding a 3pt unit - used ones are not readily available and new ones seem rather expensive. Thanks for the advice.
Frank

/ Wanted: 3pt Chipper - NE Ohio, W Pa
Smokey,
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the Carravagi is a substantial machine, perhaps more than the BX can handle.
Frank