ready for winter

/ ready for winter #1  

astor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx2230
well,
yesterday my son and I made the transfer to "winter mode" on the bx. Pulled the mmm and cleaned it up, greased too, stored the fel, put on the backblade and blower. Since this is northern michigan snow is not too far away!

I am still impressed with the ease implements change on the bx2230. Very simple to move them on and off.

steve

/ ready for winter #4  
Steve,

Thanks for doing that. If enough people prepare ahead of time like you, maybe that will make the snow hold off until later up here. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm building a tractor storage building and I could use another snow-free month to get it all closed in.

Tom

/ ready for winter #5  
I went through the same ritual here in Vermont, too, except I need use of the FEL for about two more weeks. Changed to bar tires on the front.
Cleaning up the mmm was quite an experience- I decided to fire up the pressure washer without cleaning out the heavier deposits under the mower first. Within about 3 minutes, I and everything around me was covered with grass clippings and mud!!! The bottom of that mower is sure pristine, though!!!

Time to treat her to some new oil, now.

/ ready for winter #6  
I'm cleaning up the MMM now myself after doing the lawn for the last time. But the crud is giving me a hard time. I see a pressure washer in my christmas offerings this year.

I use the FEL for the driveway. Put it back on yesterday also. Struggled a bit but it's on. Flat ground is critical as was mentioned here before.

Bring on the fluff. I'm ready. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif