Ballast Wheel weights on kubota tractors? Who has them?

/ Wheel weights on kubota tractors? Who has them? #1  

Theowegian

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 HST
I was wondering how many tractor owners use wheel weights on their tractors? I was considering getting some or making some. Although, I have enough 3 pt ballast, there are times when I wish I had wheel wts, too.
And I really dont want fluid, because Id like to take the weights off as needed - mostly after mowing season....

dwight

/ Wheel weights on kubota tractors? Who has them? #2  
Here is a old post from the early days (Kubota tractors message board) that I thought was worth keeping along with the pic's. Looked like a good idea then and I think it still is.

Homemade Wheel Weights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kubota Tractors Message Board: Users Talk: Homemade Wheel Weights
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By gene on Sunday, December 20, 1998 - 04:56 pm:
Looks great Andy!
That is one of the best ideas I have seen for wheel weights.
Better go for a patent or Kubota will come out with it for 300.00 per wheel.

By Andy on Sunday, December 20, 1998 - 03:19 pm:
I am enclosing some photos of the rear wheel weights I made for my B2400. The Mounting plates are 1/2" steel plate with 1/2" bolts welded on the back. The center mount for the weights is 1" threaded rod. The brackets can be left on the wheel all the time (although they are easy to remove) and the weights slide on and off quickly. The weights are 25 lb weight lifting weights that cost 39 cents a pound. The brackets weigh 15 lbs each, there are 6 weights on each wheel for a total of 330 lbs. Hope this works, it is my first try posting images.

Attachments

• 768345-wweight4_2.jpg
    768345-wweight4_2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,399
   / Wheel weights on kubota tractors? Who has them? #3  
Another

Attachments

• 768347-wweight2_2.jpg
    768347-wweight2_2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 2,158
   / Wheel weights on kubota tractors? Who has them? #4  
One more

Attachments

• 768349-wweight_2.jpg
    768349-wweight_2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4,397
   / Wheel weights on kubota tractors? Who has them? #5  
Howdy,

I have wheel weights on our 3830. I bought them from Kubota. I really like 'em and they improve performance especially when using the loader. I think total weight increase is around 150 to 175 lbs. May not sound like alot but it really helps. I painted the weights before installing.

/ Wheel weights on kubota tractors? Who has them? #6  
I have the old Bolens ones that were on my Cub Cadet. The diameter of the rim was the same and all I had to do was get longer bolts and paint them Orange. I use rear ballast when using the loader, but the wheel weights are nice for mowing and some extra traction at times.

I don't have filled tires either for the record.

You can see one in this photo.

Attachments

• 773461-MAY 2005 039 (600 x 450).jpg
    773461-MAY 2005 039 (600 x 450).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,278
   / Wheel weights on kubota tractors? Who has them? #7  
Sorry to stray from the topic but what size King Kutter Tiller is that in the pic?