Air Filter Sticker Shock

/ Air Filter Sticker Shock #11  
Kubota service school, do tell /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Interesting, my BX23 owners manual indicates to clean the air filter @ 50, 150, 250 etc., hr increments and replace @ 100,200,300 etc hrs.

What about the oil , fuel & hydro filters & fluids, is their service schedule also different?

btw, I use and will continue to use OEM filters & fluids.

Volfandt

/ Air Filter Sticker Shock #12  
Service school reference - once upon a time ago, I owned and operated a small dealership and Kubota was one of our lines.

The air filter change interval was the only major difference from printed documentation that I recall. The problem was that consumers (and techncians) were not seating the new ones properly and as the filtering properties of a clog/restricted filter are pretty darn good (better than a clean new one), the engineers said...run em till they choke the engine.

Coolant was another hot topic with a perfect 50/50 mix in a tightly sealed and clean system being preached.

/ Air Filter Sticker Shock #13  
I get all the stuff for by B2910 on the web through www.tractorsmart.com. They are substantially cheaper than the dealer...especially for Super UDT, and deliver in 3 to 4 days. I do use a WIX filter for the engine...available locally, and change the oil every 50 hrs. I keep a spare set of air filters on hand, but following the owners manual recommendation of washing out the outer filter, then air drying, I haven't had any need to use my spare set in quite some time.