b7200hst hydrolic fluid fill

/ b7200hst hydrolic fluid fill #1  

fractal

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota b7200hst
Can any of you who have owned kubota b7200's or equivalent give me a hint where to add tractor hydrolic fluid? I remember reading that a lot of you guys cut your teeth on 7100's and 7200's (not to mention worked your arm muscles). The tractor mechanic I bought the tractor from said is is "right next to the dipstic". Well, unless it is those funny things on both side of the transmission that look like screws with a ridge instead of a slot, I can't find it. My tractor makes all kinds of clunking and clinking noises when I have all the hydrolic rams at full extension but not otherwise. The hydrolic fluid is not visable on the dip stick other than the occasional splash so I figure that it is probably a bit low.

I plan on buying a service manual one of the days, but was hoping someone would know. BTW, I did buy what is called "tractor hydrolic fluid" from the local auto parts store and is says on the back that it is suitable for kubota's. I hope it is the right stuff. The local oil dealer said that what I wanted was "tractor hydrolic fluid" and would sell me 5 gallons for 35 dollars. I bought one gallon for 10 dollars at the parts store. Does that sound about right?

tnx.

/ b7200hst hydrolic fluid fill #2  
I have both the gear drive and the HST models. On the gear drive sitting in the seat to the left of the dipstick is the fill port. My return hydrualic line was put in that port. It has a fitting with the line going in the side and a screw in plug in the top. On the HST same location. JIM

/ b7200hst hydrolic fluid fill #3  
I also have a B7200hst. The hydraulic fill port is located under the seat just to the left of the dipstick. It has a round knurled knob about the diameter of a quarter. I have found that I need one of those long flexable funnels to add oil since the seat gets in the way. The hydraulic oil filter is located under the gray metal cover that is between the seat and the tractor engine firewall. There should be four thumb screws holding it on. Hope this helps.

Van