Snowblower question - BX2750

/ Snowblower question - BX2750 #1  

Lockport

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
I just the other day received my front mount snowblower BX2750C with Subframe and Quickhitch assembly for my BX2230. In the manual regarding the PTO it mentions not raising or lowering the blower while it is operating. As I have an uneven gravel drive this is almost a necessity to , at least, some degree. Has anyone experienced any problems with this sort of operation and what kind of damage is/was consequential?

Thanks all! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Snowblower question - BX2750 #2  
Baaaaah! When using my front blower, I engage it and leave it running untill I'm done. Raise, lower, float what ever it takes.

Seriously, though, it pulses a bit if fully raised (u-joints) but doesn't seem to bother it. I engage it at maybe 1/4 throttle and rev up to PTO speed once everything is turning. Do not be tempted to push small areas with it like a plow, it will pack very hard and break your shear pin when you engage the PTO.
(don't ask how I know that /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

/ Snowblower question - BX2750 #3  
I also raise/lower/float the blower and have had no problems whatsoever.

/ Snowblower question - BX2750 #4  
Same here, not to worry...have fun

/ Snowblower question - BX2750 #5  
BX,

The lawyers write this drivel should be forced to cut thee cords of fire wood on my grand dad's belt driven John Deere Model A buzz saw. Blindfolded.

Killer B