transmission question for a kubota l185

/ transmission question for a kubota l185 #1  

shero

Tractor
kubota l1501
HI newbie here, 1. Does the transmission oil/fluid also lubricate the diff/rear wheels and 2. Do you fill it all from the cap just behind the gearstick pto lever. Also how much fluid would i need to by to rplace it

regards

jim

/ transmission question for a kubota l185 #2  
shero, do you have the manual? I have a manual someplace for my old L175. I think the L175 and L185 are almost identical.

I'll look around when I get home and see if I can find it. If I can find it I'll scan the pages and post them here for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

/ transmission question for a kubota l185
no I don't have the manual yet, ordered one from amazon, I believe they are the same/very similar. Thanks

/ transmission question for a kubota l185 #4  
My L295 takes 27 US quarts to fill the transmission, which includes the rear differential and rear wheels.

/ transmission question for a kubota l185 #7  
I finally checked my manual. The L175 takes 22liters of SAE80 Gear Lube for the transmission. This includes the rear axle and hydraulic system.

The L225, L225DT also have a combined system. The L210 and L260 have separate transmission and Hydraulic system levels.

I think the L185 is the same as the L175.

Good Luck,
Kevin

/ transmission question for a kubota l185
Thanks all, very helpful I was entering the stress zone here for a while

/ transmission question for a kubota l185 #9  
My understanding is that the L185 holds 23 quarts of SAE 80 geat oil. It goes in the filler cap behind the pto lever and you check the fluid level by taking out the plug on the side of the transmission by your clutch pedal.