Grading BX1500 Rear Blade

/ BX1500 Rear Blade #1  

automech

Silver Member
Tractor
bx1500
Hello, I have a question about the rear blade I just bought for my BX1500. Before I bought it, I asked the dealer if it could be turned around while mounted and he assured me it would. But I mounted it for the first time and it hits the lift arms when I try to spin it all the way around. It is a Land Pride RB0560. The frame is a little shorter than the full size cat 1 blade. I had to jack the rear end of the tractor up with a floor jack and lower the blade more to get the blade corner under the arms. Would a different top link make any difference?
The blade corner hits more the higher i lift it with the 3 pt. The full size RB1560 seemed too big for my little Bx but the length of the frame on that blade was much longer. I was thinking about trimming one of the corners off the top of the blade so it will fit under the arms. Any Ideas before i cut or should i return the blade?

/ BX1500 Rear Blade #2  
I have the same blade on my BX and of course had the same problem and solved it exactly in the manner you've proposed. Took about two minutes with my angle grinder and a zip cut disc. I also wasn't happy with the geometry on the top link mounting point so I modified it to give me a few more higher hole positions that allows the blade to lift much higher. I know I was thinking the same thing; why can't they design this stuff right in the first place.

Steve

/ BX1500 Rear Blade #4  
Tisco makes a shorter toplink and it does help alot with back blades. I bought one for my BX2200 when using my Woods 5" blade.
I didn't have a problem rotating the blade but it did not raise far off the ground- now it does!!!

/ BX1500 Rear Blade #5  
I am using the RB-1560 on my 1500 and it works great forward or backward. If you do change to the 1560 I would recommend getting the skid shoes, at 220+lbs it can scrape & dig in pretty quick. You might also want to drill another hole in the lift link to get it a little higher off the ground when working.

Mike

/ BX1500 Rear Blade #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Tisco makes a shorter toplink and it does help alot with back blades. I bought one for my BX2200 when using my Woods 5" blade.
I didn't have a problem rotating the blade but it did not raise far off the ground- now it does!!! )</font>

Where did you get the tisco toplink? thanks