Adding Kubota rear remotes

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #11  
Hi six dogs...may I ask why you added draft control? I understand its for plowing is there other uses?

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #12  
Hi six dogs...may I ask why you added draft control? I understand its for plowing is there other uses?

Draft control on a light tractor with a piece of ground contacting equipment is a real plus. I use it with a landscape rake mostly on dirt but sometimes on sandy gravel with very small stones. To me, that's it's only real use on a smaller tractor and most people can get by fine without it.

As we know, if the tractor nose dips down, the implement in back will lift up and dump a line of dirt or gravel. Same thing if you hit a bump and the nose rises to cause the implement to dig in. Draft control, and some experience, allows the user to change way the implement behaves by causing the rear link to adjust the pressure on the implement to compensate for those dips and bumps.
I use it with an 8 ft landscape rake and can make a field or larger lawn as flat as a pancake with multiple passes and increasingly lighter feathering of the draft control. Some "washboard" ridges are hard to get out but you can do a surprisingly good job if you can go cross-direction. It works best if ground has had some rain on it and is a little hard or compacted.

Note, too that grass or debris or stones can complicate the issue. I will often till or work the ground, pack it super good (3000 lb Brillion) and let it harden up with a rain. Then the surface is somewhat flat with holes and bumps everywhere. The landscape rake will then fill the holes and scrape the humps by using draft control and some years of learning. I'll try to find some photos.

**By the way, if anyone wants to add draft control to the smaller L or MX Kubotas, start a thread and let me know. I have done it twice and there is a severe learning curve that could be made easier if they would have included more photos and updated the translation. I'm not done adjusting it yet and I have no idea what they are talking about on that page. The install took me over three hours and two were trying to understand the instructions--and I had done this before.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #15  
can you list the parts and step by step with pics

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #16  
Well, post some pics of your tractor and setup and explain how you use it. What is the intended use of the draft control? What kind of implements and what type of use ?

Last edited:
   / Adding Kubota rear remotes #18  
Feb. 2014 updating. I am just about to order the parts for the third rear remote (two are already on the tractor) parts L8303 plus L8307 for my L5030HST (no cab). Price $473. I might be asking for assistance if the installation gets complicated.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #19  
Feb. 2014 updating. I am just about to order the parts for the third rear remote (two are already on the tractor) parts L8303 plus L8307 for my L5030HST (no cab). Price $473. I might be asking for assistance if the installation gets complicated.

Hydraulics always scared me. Probably would cost very little to have the dealer install it. Just a thought.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #20  
Hydraulics always scared me. Probably would cost very little to have the dealer install it. Just a thought.

I don't have a trailer (or a large enough truck) and the closest dealer is 60 miles away, so before it even gets to the dealer it's $150 or more. That makes it worth an attempt. Besides I have all the confidence the experts here can guide me through it.

If I panic when I see the kits plan two - is to call a neighbor mechanic, plan three - call a cousin mechanic, plan four - call a Kubota mechanic who makes house calls, plan - five pay the $150 and remember the savings of not having to buy a larger trailer and truck, plan six - return the kits.

edit: looking at my plans I think I'll move plan four to plan two.