Adding Kubota rear remotes

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #31  
tprochaz, the kits are not universal but they do fit several models - you will have to call the parts department to get your kit numbers and prices. The levers mount on different places on the different tractors.

These pics are on a Kubota L5030HST

The first picture shows an open slot for my third rear remote below the PTO to the left of the two levers.
The second picture is the two remote valves below and connected to the levers.
The third picture is the rear hydraulic connections. They are attached by a short hydraulic hose.

Attachments

• 3rd remote lever deck.jpg
    3rd remote lever deck.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 884
  • remote valves.jpg
    remote valves.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 792
  • remote connections.jpg
    remote connections.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 782
   / Adding Kubota rear remotes #32  
The advertising Kubota dealers here allow access to Kubota parts books. I have looked up many parts.

If you are going to do this yourself it helps to have everything squeaky clean before you start. One little bit of dirt can really cause problems.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #33  
Thanks for the additional information. I tried to find in several on-line part books but didtn't have any luck. So I did send a message yesterday to Messick's and asked if they have the kit and price. Have not heard back from them as of yet. Hopefully there is a kit, but since my tractor is over 20 years old (930 hrs) ... probably wasn't made like the more modern tractors to add options ... Tom

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #34  
Last edited:
   / Adding Kubota rear remotes #35  
Thanks for the additional information. I tried to find in several on-line part books but didtn't have any luck. So I did send a message yesterday to Messick's and asked if they have the kit and price. Have not heard back from them as of yet. Hopefully there is a kit, but since my tractor is over 20 years old (930 hrs) ... probably wasn't made like the more modern tractors to add options ... Tom

The older tractors had flat fenders and no specific slots. If that's your setup, forget the Kubota kit and add your own stackable remotes at a fraction of the price. There are many write ups of people doing it.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #36  
Yes, that is my set up ... flat fenders and no slots. I'll do additional searches for how others have done it.
Thanks again for the help.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #37  
Here's Messick's Kubota parts list. I have seen it everywhere and I think available on the Kubota website as well.

Kubota Parts | Full Service online retailer

EDIT----Here's from the Kubota website. I did not specifically search for your part but it seems everything is there.

https://www.kubota.com/part/parts.aspx

I searched both those sites and nothing came up. Then I search this site: http://www.colemanequip.com and the part came up so I could price it. But I still had to call the dealer to get the part number first.

For Kubota Model L5030HST
Regular valve kit Part # L8303 (or you can use floater valve kit part # L8304)
and you also need the lever kit Part # L8307

Part numbers are probably different if not a Lxx30 tractor model. Check with your dealer.

Last edited:
   / Adding Kubota rear remotes #38  
Txdon ... not sure I understand. Is that the "kit" that is made for this tractor? Looks like just a valve. I also searched in the hydraulics forum section and there is a lot of info and and the electric over hydraulic for a front grapple sounds interesting. Still would like to have several remotes on the back and trying to digest all that is needed and how to do ... but I'll keep on reading as there is lot of information.

I kind of hijacted this thread ... sorry about that

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #39  
txdon--I'm sure you are putting the complete kit but for others reading this, the kit is the only way to go. The Kubota kit comes with generally complete instructions and all the parts. Even if you get in trouble, the instructions are enough to complete the job.

/ Adding Kubota rear remotes #40  
Txdon ... not sure I understand. Is that the "kit" that is made for this tractor? Looks like just a valve. I also searched in the hydraulics forum section and there is a lot of info and and the electric over hydraulic for a front grapple sounds interesting. Still would like to have several remotes on the back and trying to digest all that is needed and how to do ... but I'll keep on reading as there is lot of information.

I kind of hijacted this thread ... sorry about that

I hijacked it so you can hijack it from me.
I edited the post above. For a Kubota tractor L5030HST the kit comes in two parts L8307 the lever/hose/connector kit and kit L8303 (Regular valve) OR you can substitute the regular valve with a floating valve that has a detent and that floating valve kit is L8304. The dealer mention a use for float valve kit would be if you had a batwing mower the wings would be on the float valves so they could follow the contour of the land. It was also mentioned in this thread that it could be used for a disc for the same reason. The valve in the float position would have no useful purpose for a grapple because you already have float on your FEL.

These are probably not the same number kits for your particular tractor. I cannot find a link anywhere to show you your part numbers. I had to call the parts supply of the Kubota dealer and he looked it up. Once I had the part numbers for the kits from the dealer I could check prices from Colman Equipment web site. http://www.colemanequip.com The Kubota dealers sites here on TBN did not have these part numbers listed and the searches came up "not found". The dealer did not have the kits in stock and would order them, for about the same price as Colman Equipment.

Last edited: